+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore.....again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zohore.....again

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 4 1 1 is basically 4 5 1 just with an advanced midfielder, and it isn't working, I don't think anything will work with the players we have. There's a severe lack of pace and thinking in the midfield apart from camarasa who does try and get on the ball. We are so flat at time is unreal. Ralls is way off, and Arter is just wasting energy and getting angry, it needs to be a bit more sophisticated than that. The problem-in my opinion-is that we set up not to lose, that's fine if there's an outlet, or a couple of players with the individual ability to win a game and a defence that can defend, we haven't got any of that at the moment. I reckon that we should press high and go all out to win at home, get higher up the pitch and support the front man, if it means leaving gaps then so be it, we need a win, and our current style and tactics wont allow it. Warnock needs to be braver and allow the midfield to press higher and for the defence to play a higher line. We may get smashed by the better sides, but have more of a chance against teams from the bottom half. Things need to change, we don't look like winning under the current format.
    I have to disagree. 4-5-1 is a very different set up, where the striker is the target man, the wide men comes for overlaps and one of the central midfielders move up behind them in the space hopefully created. Then the team can maintain balance defensively, and slowly offer support to the men up front. But most importantly it’s a much more compact set up to compensate for the lack of abilities you mention. I also disagree about Arter. I think he leads by example on how much work the players need to put in. Every time he looses the ball, he goes straight after it. We do that often, press up high. But we are easy to play through, and all thought Tottenham didn’t exploit that with movement in their team, others have, and will.

Re: Zohore.....again

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    I have to disagree. 4-5-1 is a very different set up, where the striker is the target man, the wide men comes for overlaps and one of the central midfielders move up behind them in the space hopefully created. Then the team can maintain balance defensively, and slowly offer support to the men up front. But most importantly it’s a much more compact set up to compensate for the lack of abilities you mention. I also disagree about Arter. I think he leads by example on how much work the players need to put in. Every time he looses the ball, he goes straight after it. We do that often, press up high. But we are easy to play through, and all thought Tottenham didn’t exploit that with movement in their team, others have, and will.
    Ok, 451 is more defensive, although you have wingers who attack, and who either tuck in or track back-no overlapping fullbacks, although I can't see a huge difference in what I've described as to how we play now. As for Arter working hard after losing possession, then maybe he should work on keeping the ball for a bit longer and put that energy into something more positive I can't see what people see in him.