+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore.....again

Zohore.....again

Wonder what he’s thinking
    Started last week ,Left on the bench yesterday then Harris , Ward and then Reid come on when we’re looking for a goal

Re: Zohore.....again

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Started last week ,Left on the bench yesterday then Harris , Ward and then Reid come on when we’re looking for a goal
    I know. It would be nice to be a fly-on-the-wall in training.

Can anybody truly remember the last time he's put in a stellar performance?

Personally, I've often thought that he hasn't put blood and sweat into his performances and can also be a bit hesitant.

Also, he was imposed on us, wasn't he? I mean that he was given to us by Vinny's other club, rather than heavily scouted etc. I admit I'm not certain of that fact, so will appreciate any correction.

You said it, need a goal. That’s why

Need to get rid.

In many ways he reminds me of Josh King. He struggled for a long time with lack of games, injuries and wasn’t preforming. I believe Zahore needs a good run of games and encouragement to see his true potential. He isn’t getting either right now, and he might not get it either. Hope he is working positively on his mindset, rather than looking for an out at this point.

We're chopping and changing too much for my liking we need to play one and stick with them for a bit, look at wolves starting with the same team for the 8th game running

We don’t not have time to let him find form. He’s doesn’t look like he’s trying half the time. Get rid.

I thought he played well against Burnley but needs a goal

Don’t forget a player we signed as a right back started the game as centre forward !

Probably agent getting in his head.
    And think he will be sold this January.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Don’t forget a player we signed as a right back started the game as centre forward !
    Goes to show how shit Zohore isat this level. Im glad hes not starting, wins feck all above chest height and doesnt close anyone down. Ward and Madine every time ahead of him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Probably agent getting in his head.
    And think he will be sold this January.
    To who? He's not proven at ANY level. One good season. Been missing ever since.

Weren't Everton going to offer £15m for him a few seasons ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Brighton made an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They were, but holding onto him was exactly the right thing to do at the time as it demonstrated an ambition that we all thought might had gone. There was a lot more riding on him staying than just turning a profit.

Ken has been a key part of our getting to the Premiership but he seems a little too immature to take advantage of it on the surface. He's going to have to roll his sleeves up in both training and on the pitch.

I was actually really pleased to see the effort he put in against Burnley at the start but he's now got to work on speed of thought and taking half chances. His shot against Hart was another positive step in that direction.

I think Zohore will have a role to play for us this year (hopefully) but he's running out of time to prove this to himself and NW. I'd hoped that his new kid would make him realise how important it is that he succeeds. It seems to have had the opposite effect so far

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    True. But he must also be confused while we play a central defender in his position. Maybe we could move Murphy down the right flank and have him and Hoilett up supporting Zahore. But the right wing is also occupied, by a central midfielder.

I believe Etheridge is one of our most successful passers, he has the highest passrate doesn’t he?
    Maybe he should cover for Ralls and Zahore could have a run as goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    True. But he must also be confused while we play a central defender in his position. Maybe we could move Murphy down the right flank and have him and Hoilett up supporting Zahore. But the right wing is also occupied, by a central midfielder.

I believe Etheridge is one of our most successful passers, he has the highest passrate doesn’t he?
    Maybe he should cover for Ralls and Zahore could have a run as goalie?
    Two wingers doesn't work, as we don't get any shots on target with that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Two wingers doesn't work, as we don't get any shots on target with that formation.
    If taking the discussion in that direction, I believe we need to be much more compact. The 4-4-1-1 is leaving us disjointed. We can keep it together in short spells, but it opens us up, and drain the players to fatigue. Going forward we can’t get enough players up there, and when we do, we have no chance going back fast enough.
    Although I dislike the formation, I believe a 4-5-1 turning 4-3-3 going forward is the way to go with this squad. If that means wingers or wide midfielders is the same, but three of them will need to brake fast.

My point on a lot of players out of position is that it’s very difficult finding a good rhythm of play.

you almost feel grateful when you see Zohore chasing down a defender. He's got talent for sure, but what's undeniable is unlike his teamates, he rarely puts in 100%.

If taking the discussion in that direction, I believe we need to be much more compact. The 4-4-1-1 is leaving us disjointed. We can keep it together in short spells, but it opens us up, and drain the players to fatigue. Going forward we can’t get enough players up there, and when we do, we have no chance going back fast enough.
    Although I dislike the formation, I believe a 4-5-1 turning 4-3-3 going forward is the way to go with this squad. If that means wingers or wide midfielders is the same, but three of them will need to brake fast.

My point on a lot of players out of position is that it’s very difficult finding a good rhythm of play.
    4 4 1 1 is basically 4 5 1 just with an advanced midfielder, and it isn't working, I don't think anything will work with the players we have. There's a severe lack of pace and thinking in the midfield apart from camarasa who does try and get on the ball. We are so flat at time is unreal. Ralls is way off, and Arter is just wasting energy and getting angry, it needs to be a bit more sophisticated than that. The problem-in my opinion-is that we set up not to lose, that's fine if there's an outlet, or a couple of players with the individual ability to win a game and a defence that can defend, we haven't got any of that at the moment. I reckon that we should press high and go all out to win at home, get higher up the pitch and support the front man, if it means leaving gaps then so be it, we need a win, and our current style and tactics wont allow it. Warnock needs to be braver and allow the midfield to press higher and for the defence to play a higher line. We may get smashed by the better sides, but have more of a chance against teams from the bottom half. Things need to change, we don't look like winning under the current format.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    you almost feel grateful when you see Zohore chasing down a defender. He's got talent for sure, but what's undeniable is unlike his teamates, he rarely puts in 100%.
    How do you know that he isn't putting in 100%? Danny Ward may chase ten lost causes to Zohores six, doesn't mean that ward is working harder, that side of the game may come easier to ward. It's like anything else, somebody in work may be able to do a task in half the time you do it, doesn't mean that they're working harder, infact, it could be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 4 1 1 is basically 4 5 1 just with an advanced midfielder, and it isn't working, I don't think anything will work with the players we have. There's a severe lack of pace and thinking in the midfield apart from camarasa who does try and get on the ball. We are so flat at time is unreal. Ralls is way off, and Arter is just wasting energy and getting angry, it needs to be a bit more sophisticated than that. The problem-in my opinion-is that we set up not to lose, that's fine if there's an outlet, or a couple of players with the individual ability to win a game and a defence that can defend, we haven't got any of that at the moment. I reckon that we should press high and go all out to win at home, get higher up the pitch and support the front man, if it means leaving gaps then so be it, we need a win, and our current style and tactics wont allow it. Warnock needs to be braver and allow the midfield to press higher and for the defence to play a higher line. We may get smashed by the better sides, but have more of a chance against teams from the bottom half. Things need to change, we don't look like winning under the current format.
    I have to disagree. 4-5-1 is a very different set up, where the striker is the target man, the wide men comes for overlaps and one of the central midfielders move up behind them in the space hopefully created. Then the team can maintain balance defensively, and slowly offer support to the men up front. But most importantly it’s a much more compact set up to compensate for the lack of abilities you mention. I also disagree about Arter. I think he leads by example on how much work the players need to put in. Every time he looses the ball, he goes straight after it. We do that often, press up high. But we are easy to play through, and all thought Tottenham didn’t exploit that with movement in their team, others have, and will.

I have to disagree. 4-5-1 is a very different set up, where the striker is the target man, the wide men comes for overlaps and one of the central midfielders move up behind them in the space hopefully created. Then the team can maintain balance defensively, and slowly offer support to the men up front. But most importantly it’s a much more compact set up to compensate for the lack of abilities you mention. I also disagree about Arter. I think he leads by example on how much work the players need to put in. Every time he looses the ball, he goes straight after it. We do that often, press up high. But we are easy to play through, and all thought Tottenham didn’t exploit that with movement in their team, others have, and will.
    Ok, 451 is more defensive, although you have wingers who attack, and who either tuck in or track back-no overlapping fullbacks, although I can't see a huge difference in what I've described as to how we play now. As for Arter working hard after losing possession, then maybe he should work on keeping the ball for a bit longer and put that energy into something more positive I can't see what people see in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How do you know that he isn't putting in 100%? Danny Ward may chase ten lost causes to Zohores six, doesn't mean that ward is working harder, that side of the game may come easier to ward. It's like anything else, somebody in work may be able to do a task in half the time you do it, doesn't mean that they're working harder, infact, it could be the other way round.
    A couple of seasons back he lost the ball, chased back 30yds to tackle the defender on the half way line, won the ball, rang back at the defence, played a one-two, and nearly scored. He can do it, he just hasn't got the heart..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    A couple of seasons back he lost the ball, chased back 30yds to tackle the defender on the half way line, won the ball, rang back at the defence, played a one-two, and nearly scored. He can do it, he just hasn't got the heart..
    I think you have a point. He looks like he's somewhere else, drained of confidence, self belief and anything else in between. Maybe it's his character that we should be looking at. I've posted enough crap about Zohore, my main issue is that I don't really know what kind of player he is. Not a natural striker, a wide man or Number ten. If he isn't playing well or involved then he doesn't really have that ability to influence a game in other ways. Warnock was his saviour, maybe he's turned into his nightmare and needs something else. Ken's form dipped pretty much after we went more direct and players weren't getting close to him. I'm not saying that's the reason, but it seems that he is struggling to do the basics right now.