+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City's Worst-Ever Start To A Season?

Re: City's Worst-Ever Start To A Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm confused. Rob Phillips was talking about 89-90 yesterday, why isn't that as bad as the current start?
    I only flicked through the records and to be honest I didn't pay much attention to anything before 1964 as some media outlets have been mentioning that since last weekend, including the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45730674

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    1989 was mentioned on US TV yesterday. Can't be arsed looking it up. Who cares?
    People who read and contribute to this thread I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    To me the subject is totally irrelevant as I support the club come what may.
    Hero.

So on the plus side, we ( cardiff fans ) are watching History being made eh

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Swallow your pride and come back to games rather than wishing your local club failure?
    Eastbourne, I've been to a number of games since the return to blue - three already this season, in fact.

I don't wish my local club failure at all. However, as things stand, they're failing all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    So on the plus side, we ( cardiff fans ) are watching History being made eh
    So it seems. Every cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I only flicked through the records and to be honest I didn't pay much attention to anything before 1964 as some media outlets have been mentioning that since last weekend, including the BBC:

No worries. I'm always doing some half-hearted research into how badly teams I don't support are doing then posting it on one of their message boards myself.

No worries. I'm always doing some half-hearted research into how badly teams I don't support are doing then posting it on one of their message boards myself.
    Oooh, saucer of milk for you.

Honestly, this message board these days. Hardly any traffic but full of ***** all the same.

Do I detect a little bit of sarcasm herr

Well perhaps not quite so little.......

Honestly, this message board these days. Hardly any traffic but full of ***** all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Do I detect a little bit of sarcasm herr

Well perhaps not quite so little.......
    I'd say he's more Russian than German.

I'm confused. Rob Phillips was talking about 89-90 yesterday, why isn't that as bad as the current start?

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...eptember-1989/
    Because City won game four of that season, a 2-0 victory at Plymouth in a League Cup fixture.

Worst ever season start I can find is 1964-1965 with 13 winless games (11 league, 1 League Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup).

1989-1990 season hold some fond memories both on and off the pitch. Relegated on the last day away at Bury saw mostly City fans in attendance professing undying support for the club. Nathan Blake's lower lip wobbled prior to tears appearing as he acknowledged the swollen throng [ooh err, missus].

After a lousy start to the season results improved when Cohen Griffith begun to motor at Fulham, Walsall and in Jackland on Boxing Day.

On the hoolie front the boys in blue came out winners at Swansea and Birmingham; it proved too difficult to get at foes each time. The let's-throw-stuff-from-a-safe-distance Joke Army boys always disappointed. The fisticuffs highlight of the season was the mangling of QPR's self-vaunted mob at a Loftus Road FA Cup tie and wanton vandalism to Gloucester's ground in the preceding round which attracted national publicity when their chairman described visiting fans as "subhuman".

Oh dear

And here you are, validating your own statement.

So let me get this right, Macclesfield are having a better start to the season than us because they’ve got 4 points or is the analysis only for times we’ve been in the top flight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You’re loving this. Can’t get on quick enough to put on your negative posts
    He's an odd one and a joke fan who turned his back on the City but has creeped back to watch us in the top flight under Vinny Tan

Gunman's a casual observer at the football nowadays and has been since 2013 when his head was turned towards the Arms Park. He was quickly seduced by the sight of groups of morbidly obese lumps charging around the field to secure possession of a strangely shaped ball. He's to be found in the Westgate or Clwb Ifor Bach watering holes on every Cardiff Blues match day where he revels in the culture of necking down a voluminous amount of real ales that have quirky names and is always competitive in the customary pre and post-match vomiting competitions. Fat Stan from Aberfan always reigns supreme but the former Bluebird often achieves an honourable podium position.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    So let me get this right, Macclesfield are having a better start to the season than us because they’ve got 4 points or is the analysis only for times we’ve been in the top flight ?
    TLG thought it was our worst start at any level in the club's history but 89-90 beats it on goal difference. I take your point about Macclesfield, it's just a stat though. I assume it's the most lucrative start to a season in the club's history which is a consolation prize you don't get in League 2.

By the way, are you the guy who had a run-in with TLG on here about your mum or am I confusing you with someone else?

TLG thought it was our worst start at any level in the club's history but 89-90 beats it on goal difference. I take your point about Macclesfield, it's just a stat though. I assume it's the most lucrative start to a season in the club's history which is a consolation prize you don't get in League 2.

By the way, are you the guy who had a run-in with TLG on here about your mum or am I confusing you with someone else?
    No, never had a run in with anybody. I think my last “contribution” was around 2008 when I was annoyed at Ridsdale.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    No, never had a run in with anybody. I think my last “contribution” was around 2008 when I was annoyed at Ridsdale.
    Ok, must've been another Paul Went then. TLG had called an elderly City fan a 'hideous old crone'. Loads of posters came on to tell him to apologise and get the mods to delete it but he refused and the post sat there all day. Then the woman's son ('Paul Went') came on and laid into him and TLG immediately apologised and got the mods to delete the post.

The reason I can remember the poster's name is that the other board picked up on the incident and apparently posters there were saying what a disgrace it was that TLG was insulting the mother of a former City player. Someone had to go on and explain that it wasn't the real Paul Went, that was just the guy's username.

The reason I can remember the poster's name is that the other board picked up on the incident and apparently posters there were saying what a disgrace it was that TLG was insulting the mother of a former City player. Someone had to go on and explain that it wasn't the real Paul Went, that was just the guy's username.