Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Cohen's debut too at Huddersfield. I missed that but went to the 4-0 defeat at Rotherham the week before, it was looking pretty terminal. Gilligan and Bartlett had gone, Burrows too, as you say. Alan Curtis had played his last game for us at Rotherham.

It's always darkest before the dawn though, as the saying goes. Cohen and Pike hit it off straight away, results turned around and the next four aways I went to that season were the 5-2 win at Fulham, the Boxing Day win at Swansea, the 2-0 win at Walsall four days later then the narrow loss to top flight QPR (including Seaman and Ray Wilkins) in an FA Cup replay. We were out of the relegation zone by then with games in hand, it was an incredible turnaround. City were back. Until we got relegated four months later that is.
Great post, and what a memory!I can remember Gilligan going, he went to Pompey as well. I remember walking in through the players entrance and he was stood getting his boots and stuff together. Curtis was on another level and was a really nice bloke, Chris Pike was quite bright, he used to read a broad sheet and George wood would take the piss out of him, although it had little effect. Was at the QPR game, that was some night off the pitch-good memories.