+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City's Worst-Ever Start To A Season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City's Worst-Ever Start To A Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Well seeing as you have the books, and the internet at your disposal, why don't you do some investigatory research and let us all know. I'd love to know personally.
    I’m on the sofa watching the football. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm confused. Rob Phillips was talking about 89-90 yesterday, why isn't that as bad as the current start?

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...eptember-1989/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm confused. Rob Phillips was talking about 89-90 yesterday, why isn't that as bad as the current start?
    I only flicked through the records and to be honest I didn't pay much attention to anything before 1964 as some media outlets have been mentioning that since last weekend, including the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45730674

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I only flicked through the records and to be honest I didn't pay much attention to anything before 1964 as some media outlets have been mentioning that since last weekend, including the BBC:

No worries. I'm always doing some half-hearted research into how badly teams I don't support are doing then posting it on one of their message boards myself.

No worries. I'm always doing some half-hearted research into how badly teams I don't support are doing then posting it on one of their message boards myself.
    Oooh, saucer of milk for you.

Honestly, this message board these days. Hardly any traffic but full of ***** all the same.

Honestly, this message board these days. Hardly any traffic but full of ***** all the same.

And here you are, validating your own statement.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...eptember-1989/
    Because City won game four of that season, a 2-0 victory at Plymouth in a League Cup fixture.

Worst ever season start I can find is 1964-1965 with 13 winless games (11 league, 1 League Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup).

1989-1990 season hold some fond memories both on and off the pitch. Relegated on the last day away at Bury saw mostly City fans in attendance professing undying support for the club. Nathan Blake's lower lip wobbled prior to tears appearing as he acknowledged the swollen throng [ooh err, missus].

After a lousy start to the season results improved when Cohen Griffith begun to motor at Fulham, Walsall and in Jackland on Boxing Day.

On the hoolie front the boys in blue came out winners at Swansea and Birmingham; it proved too difficult to get at foes each time. The let's-throw-stuff-from-a-safe-distance Joke Army boys always disappointed. The fisticuffs highlight of the season was the mangling of QPR's self-vaunted mob at a Loftus Road FA Cup tie and wanton vandalism to Gloucester's ground in the preceding round which attracted national publicity when their chairman described visiting fans as "subhuman".

Oh dear

Maybe tomorrow I’d want to settle down
    Until tomorrow I’ll just.........................

Gunman, we’re back in blue, have been for some time. Crowds are good and everyone is getting on just lovely.

Swallow your pride and come back to games rather than wishing your local club failure?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Gunman, we’re back in blue, have been for some time. Crowds are good and everyone is getting on just lovely.

Swallow your pride and come back to games rather than wishing your local club failure?
    He can’t still be in a huff, surely....

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Eastbourne, I've been to a number of games since the return to blue - three already this season, in fact.

I don't wish my local club failure at all. However, as things stand, they're failing all the same.