+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whose the more worried City or Fulham

Whose the more worried City or Fulham

Having spent so much money , not just this year , but last year as well ,id be mighty worried if I was a Fulham fan.

Big game coming up for both clubs .

Re: Whose the more worried City or Fulham

Fulham, definitely. Most City fans don't seem to be worrying at all. Many seem to have accepted relegation already. Indeed, plenty seemed to accept it before a ball was kicked.

Shad Khan is worth over $7Billion. And seems a competent and ambitious businessman. Fulham are not doing well, but they have a decent squad. At least changing their manager is a viable option for them. I'd swap places with Fulham in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Fulham, definitely. Most City fans don't seem to be worrying at all. Many seem to have accepted relegation already. Indeed, plenty seemed to accept it before a ball was kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Shad Khan is worth over $7Billion. And seems a competent and ambitious businessman. Fulham are not doing well, but they have a decent squad. At least changing their manager is a viable option for them. I'd swap places with Fulham in a heartbeat.
    Too far to go for home games for me!

Nothing to worry about really. No-one is giving us a chance and that's the sort of challenge we have always thrived on as fans. In most of our recent history we've just enjoyed the ride and hope of pulling off the impossible against sides that are far better equipped than we are - and the miracle happened last year. I don't think anyone is expecting another miracle this year.

This season is going to encapsulate the general feeling from the last 47 years for me I expect, but I'm going to enjoy it nonetheless.

You'd have really enjoyed this season in a former life. My son went to the Spurs game as he's in London and he loved the gallows humour amongst the fans - especially the 'give us the ball' chant...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think if they lose to us in a couple of weeks panic may start to set in.

His 7 billion is okay if he stays, if he goes the debt stays as does the burden of contracts and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You'd have really enjoyed this season in a former life.
    I've enjoyed bits of it in this life. I was at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. The Arsenal match was entertaining. Some of the football during the Man City game was a genuine pleasure to watch. The Burnley match was dismal.

As for gallows humour, I 'enjoyed' years of that during the Eighties and Nineties. Probably enough for one lifetime.

I think City have got more mental strength than Fulham. We saw them play so many teams off the park last season but when the going got tough, they often buckled.

I've enjoyed bits of it in this life. I was at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. The Arsenal match was entertaining. Some of the football during the Man City game was a genuine pleasure to watch. The Burnley match was dismal.

As for gallows humour, I 'enjoyed' years of that during the Eighties and Nineties. Probably enough for one lifetime.
    I can remember us getting spanked by Hereford (I think) during the Durban era, and City fans actually laughing it was so bad. That was when you'd get about 20 square mts to yourself on the bob bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think City have got more mental strength than Fulham. We saw them play so many teams off the park last season but when the going got tough, they often buckled.
    Only at the end, didn't they go about 22 games unbeaten?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Only at the end, didn't they go about 22 games unbeaten?
    Yes, by playing teams off the park. Their footballing ability destroyed Championship teams. They were suspect at the back, though teams often didn't get much chance to attack them as they saw little of the ball.

Their game is average for the Premier League and their defence is crap. I'm not surprised they're where they are. There is the possibility that they could do a Swansea (as they did in their first season and pick up results as they learn about the division), but defensively, they're not up to much.

I can remember us getting spanked by Hereford (I think) during the Durban era, and City fans actually laughing it was so bad. That was when you'd get about 20 square mts to yourself on the bob bank.
    Oooh, it's a corner, oooh it's a corner.

In more recent times, who can forget "we're only here coz we're single" at Luton.

Yes, by playing teams off the park. Their footballing ability destroyed Championship teams. They were suspect at the back, though teams often didn't get much chance to attack them as they saw little of the ball.

Their game is average for the Premier League and their defence is crap. I'm not surprised they're where they are. There is the possibility that they could do a Swansea (as they did in their first season and pick up results as they learn about the division), but defensively, they're not up to much.
    You know they've changed their team around a bit since last season, right?

I'll take your word for it, Eric. Maybe we can ruffle them a bit, problem is that we don't seem to be much better than the team that lost 4-2 at home to them last season.

I'll take your word for it, Eric. Maybe we can ruffle them a bit, problem is that we don't seem to be much better than the team that lost 4-2 at home to them last season.
    They certainly ain't the side that beat us 4-2 in our horror spell, either.

Of course. Why?

They certainly ain't the side that beat us 4-2 in our horror spell, either.

I see that the Fulham 'love in' has started again from some people. They committed football suicide today by playing three at the back against Arsenal, who at times outnumbered them five against three in Fulham's box. The two wing backs were actually playing most of the game in Arsenals half. Perhaps Jokanovic isnt such a clever tactician as everyone thinks - he is naive and has wasted large amounts of money strengthening midfield and attack but not the defence. They have now let in four more goals than us. There is also no way that Fulham are complying with FFP rules this season - they have spent all of their tv money on transfers and that doesnt include signing on or agents fees. They are also paying out a fortune in wages. It doesnt matter how rich their owner is, if they get relegated they will be in serious trouble financially.

Fans often mention an owners wealth and stating that they'll be ok but it doesn't work like that. You have to balance the books and for a club like Fulham, relegation would threaten their future. The EFL would slap a transfer embargo on them and then they would face years of rebuilding.

Oooh, it's a corner, oooh it's a corner.

In more recent times, who can forget "we're only here coz we're single" at Luton.
    🤣

Getting stuffed by arsenal when they play well isn't the issue. The criminal part of their gameplan yesterday was how little they used mitrovic's ability in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think if they lose to us in a couple of weeks panic may start to set in.
    I think panic is starting to set in already, it will be confirmed if they lose to us. I'd be shocked if Denis Odoi plays centre half against us but would be delighted if he did. I don't think our game plan will be very pretty but it might be effective.

You saw who played for them at the back against Arsenal right?