+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whose the more worried City or Fulham

Re: Whose the more worried City or Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You know they've changed their team around a bit since last season, right?
    They have but on their showing yesterday to call their defending inept would be a kindness.

Plenty of time to go yet for all teams though.

Fulham were wide open yesterday and I'm sure we'll have the chances to get the goals to record that first win - whether we can take advantage of them may be another matter.

I knew Fulham would have problems when they basically bought an entire new defence.

Training and team bonding is all well and good but they'd never played with each other, or the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fulham were wide open yesterday and I'm sure we'll have the chances to get the goals to record that first win - whether we can take advantage of them may be another matter.
    Odoi is only 5'9, so I have an idea of what our game plan will be like. I think Gunnar will come into the midfield, with Arter and Camarasa ahead of him. Gunnar and Paterson, oh the football is going to be so good.

Sessegnon always scores against us so we'll need to get a couple to win this.
    Think we can do it. Be nice to put another one over them as well after they spent £100m and the way some of their fans thought they had a god given right to finish top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Oooh, it's a corner, oooh it's a corner.

In more recent times, who can forget "we're only here coz we're single" at Luton.
    This got a welcome revival on February 14 2017 at Derby:

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Having spent so much money , not just this year , but last year as well ,id be mighty worried if I was a Fulham fan.

Big game coming up for both clubs .
    Who’s cortisthajacket? Whose cort surely.

Every Fulham fan expect us to lose,warnock will know we are fragile on confidence, so a few tough tackles to start with, to put it up us, and we have no battlers just bottlers,so it’s 1-0 Cardiff all day long,and Cardiff are improving. Give a good account at spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Fans often mention an owners wealth and stating that they'll be ok but it doesn't work like that. You have to balance the books and for a club like Fulham, relegation would threaten their future. The EFL would slap a transfer embargo on them and then they would face years of rebuilding.
    Owners wealth means little, VT was 11th last time we were in the sunshine league, means very little. Burnely don’t have wealthy owners do they?

Spurs , Man City and Everton have scored 3 against them and now Gunners hit 5 , they are leaking goals .

Not sure how many of the Fulham side are away on International duty , lets jusy hope its plenty , as I can' t see how , they can organise or fix this before they come to us , and if we play like we did against the Gunners and Burnely , we could beat them ,which would be a nice pick me up, result. .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Shad Khan is worth over $7Billion. And seems a competent and ambitious businessman. Fulham are not doing well, but they have a decent squad. At least changing their manager is a viable option for them. I'd swap places with Fulham in a heartbeat.

I agree

Shad Khan is worth over $7Billion. And seems a competent and ambitious businessman. Fulham are not doing well, but they have a decent squad. At least changing their manager is a viable option for them. I'd swap places with Fulham in a heartbeat.
    You might want to have a look at some of the comments on their messageboard. They're not too happy with any of their signings bar Seri, and they let their two full backs go.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...topic=67792.20

There's a whole thread on spending £30m on Anguissa.
    http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...&topic=67793.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can remember us getting spanked by Hereford (I think) during the Durban era, and City fans actually laughing it was so bad. That was when you'd get about 20 square mts to yourself on the bob bank.
    The Durban era was the worst. I remember thinking you could safely drive a car around the Bob Bank and not get near anyone. I used to go with about 5 or 6 mates and the nearest group to us was about 20 feet away. You could arrange to meet people on the Bob Bank and have no problem finding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You might want to have a look at some of the comments on their messageboard. They're not too happy with any of their signings bar Seri, and they let their two full backs go.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...topic=67792.20

There's a whole thread on spending £30m on Anguissa.
    http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...&topic=67793.0
    I'm sure they're not happy. But as I said, they have options. Our only option is to wait until the end of January.

I'm sure they're not happy. But as I said, they have options. Our only option is to wait until the end of January.
    Or, we could actually focus on how we play against the lesser sides and see. Fulham aren't very good, we're not very good. They spent £80m more getting there, plus their ridiculous wage bill. They might feel they've spent too much in January, while we may feel, provided we're in touching distance, we can spend again. Who knows. Worst case scenario, we go down and we don't have to put up with the Slade years again. Fulham could go down and be staring into the abyss, with players on stupid money that nobody wants.

Or, we could actually focus on how we play against the lesser sides and see. Fulham aren't very good, we're not very good. They spent £80m more getting there, plus their ridiculous wage bill. They might feel they've spent too much in January, while we may feel, provided we're in touching distance, we can spend again. Who knows. Worst case scenario, we go down and we don't have to put up with the Slade years again. Fulham could go down and be staring into the abyss, with players on stupid money that nobody wants.
    It's a risk, but one you have to take. I think they have a better chance of staying up than we do.

It's a risk, but one you have to take. I think they have a better chance of staying up than we do.
    I don't think either have done it properly but that's me. I'd rather be in our position than Fulham's. A halfway house would have been better for both sides. I think we've got a decent chance of turning them over next Saturday though, and then they're really staring down the barrel.

I don't think either have done it properly but that's me. I'd rather be in our position than Fulham's. A halfway house would have been better for both sides. I think we've got a decent chance of turning them over next Saturday though, and then they're really staring down the barrel.
    I hope you're right.