+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ralls deserved a yellow

CardiffCitySince1927

Re: Ralls deserved a yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    A ridiculous tackle, would have been charged with assault if he did that on the street.

Red all day long. I wonder what he was thinking , pulling the shirt would have been a better option.
    No offense, but if I slide tackled a random jogger then I’d be charged for assault so don’t say that.
    It was a booking. No violent conduct, Ralls protected Lucas in the tackle aswell. Silly decision by the ref

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Violent conduct all day long and a red card and a 3 match ban.
    If the Premier League think our appeal is frivolous then it could be increased to 4.
    Wasn’t violent

75% of me says red card,25 % says yellow.
    I can't understand is why he didn't do one of the three:
    1 shoulder barge and knock him over
    2 just grab his shirts
    3 clip his heals as he goes past.

Not smart PL play what he did at all. Most if not all prem teams will get the benefit against Little old cardiff.
    Everyone hates us and doesnt want us to be there...and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I said it in the match thread when it happened and I stand by my judgement. It wasn't a red card under any of the laws of the game. The ref reacted to the Spurs players' anger and he acted on emotion, which many people have since done. You can't referee a game like that and I hope he gets docked some points in his performance assessment. It ruined the last 30 mins for us.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    A ridiculous tackle, would have been charged with assault if he did that on the street.

Red all day long. I wonder what he was thinking , pulling the shirt would have been a better option.
    A fair shoulder barge is assault on the street. Pull woman's shirt on the bus and that could be sexual assault. Tripping a player up by the halfway line on a football pitch is just called a foul. And by no means a red card offense.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by RygeTheRam View Post
    75% of me says red card,25 % says yellow.
    I can't understand is why he didn't do one of the three:
    1 shoulder barge and knock him over
    2 just grab his shirts
    3 clip his heals as he goes past

Not smart PL play what he did at all. Most if not all prem teams will get the benefit against Little old cardiff.
    Everyone hates us and doesnt want us to be there...and I love it!

I think he wanted to make sure...

I'm in the 'Yellow' card camp on this one based on the rules, but I'd back it being a Red if all the other 'professional' fouls were treated the same way.

I hate good play being broken up by bodychecks, ankle taps (which I think are potentially more damaging than the foul Ralls did), holding or any other 'acceptable' fouls. They deprive us of the opportunity of seeing goalmouth action and excitement - as well as sending out the message to young kids that cheating is just fine.

While I'm having a rant, any player taking or kicking a ball away after the foul is given, or preventing the quick free kick, should spend 3 minutes in a sin bin and the freekick moved to wherever the other team wants, other than in the penalty area. There is no other sport where you'd get away with such antics.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    He’s been crucial for us the over the season so far, making the most interceptions and most ball recoveries. He also has the most passes, forward passes and key passes. Don’t write off our most vital midfielder after one poor game
    ^^