Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
Dog owners pay council tax and as far as I know Llandaff fields are owned by the council.

The fees you pay allow you to book the pitch for an hour and half on a saturday/sunday morning. It doesn’t give you the right to govern it’s use outside that time slot as far as I’m aware.

If I had a dog I’d use it regardless of what football people or the council say. I’d clean up after me and if you asked nicely I’d take some disinfectant spray and a rag to clean up properly and leave your sports facilities inmaculate.

Alternatively, you could label me and my friend as a nuisance and ban me.

..if that seems more reasonable.
Unfortunately it is irresponsible dog owners that will cause this to happen. Its already the case in RCT that if you take a dog into a sports field and are caught its an instant fine. If people want to continue to take their dogs there its their call really.

The situation is ridiculous i always used to walk my family's dogs on the sports pitches because they were large open spaces and the dogs could run freely without being a harm to people/children. However our pitches are a complete mess at the moment, and for health reasons something must be done.

These pitches do not only contain adult matches on the weekend, the contain children coaching sessions through-out the week. If you booked a private room in a council building i do not think it would be unreasonable to expect it not to be covered in shit.

If you are not prepared to clean up after a dog, you should not be allowed to own one.