+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ban dogs on sports pitches?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ban dogs on sports pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Is that your solution? Go and play in Gol?? Hundreds of football and rugby teams from U7 to seniors go and play at a 5-a-side pitch?

I don’t think it’s arrogant to expect dog walkers not to let their dogs shit on a sports pitch. In Roath Park, Heath Park, Trelai, Heath etc etc there is plenty of space for people to excercise dogs without the need to let them on the pitches. You wouldn’t let a dog run onto a pitch when a game is in progress so why is it such a problem when there’s not?
    What makes you entitled to cordon off large areas of parkland because you want to play football once or twice a week. It’s totally arrogant.

And your solution ? Displacement ? Go and play 5 a side in gol or one of the other private sports venues. Yes that is my solution. Sling your hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    What makes you entitled to cordon off large areas of parkland because you want to play football once or twice a week. It’s totally arrogant.

And your solution ? Displacement ? Go and play 5 a side in gol or one of the other private sports venues. Yes that is my solution. Sling your hook.
    Sports teams pay pitch fees for the use of the facilities. Dog walkers don't

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Hopefully, human beings don't leave traces of excrement on the grass which could be detrimental or unpleasant for dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hopefully, human beings don't leave traces of excrement on the grass which could be detrimental or unpleasant for dogs.
    As if. They love the stuff. Roll around in it, eat it. Then again, that's what a lot of us like about dogs, they are not as fussy and comlex as our human counterparts!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Gary Lineker, we are looking at you!