+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you take Joe Rodon at Cardiff?

Would you take Joe Rodon at Cardiff?

https://behindthegoal.cymru/2018/10/...wales-call-up/

Out of contract in summer of 2019, got huge potential. Don't think he'd ever come here, but never say never

Re: Would you take Joe Rodon at Cardiff?

No way will he come here, if carries on playing regularly and keeps putting in good performances he'll be playing premier League football in the next year or 2, fair play down west though they have some good players coming through begs the question really why we haven't it at least given any a real chance

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No way will he come here, if carries on playing regularly and keeps putting in good performances he'll be playing premier League football in the next year or 2, fair play down west though they have some good players coming through begs the question really why we haven't it at least given any a real chance
    Agree, I think we'd have to be a top 10 club for him to come here. Worth a try though ain't it

Won't be surprised if he moves to an Everton, Bournemouth, Leicester etc. come next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    https://behindthegoal.cymru/2018/10/...wales-call-up/

Out of contract in summer of 2019, got huge potential. Don't think he'd ever come here, but never say never
    Too right I would. Him and Roberts are both out of contract, you never know. Money and PL football talk. I'd definitely throw in a bid for both in January.

Where is he from? If he’s born and bread jack he won’t come here anyway. I heard a rumour the6 were an established premier league club for 7 seasons so no doubt they had a few coming through. King huw and the hedge fund are about to cash in for sure mind.
    Can’t believe he is still there after overseeing the wasting of £100 million and subsequent relegation.

Id sign Joe Jordan if he was fit we have nothing up front, where's Rudi theses days ,he scored in the premiership ,cant be that old ??

Hasn't he been linked with Man City?

If we somehow stay up then I don't see why not. He would be getting a big pay rise and still be close to family and friends.
    A this talk of top 4 teams is extremely premature. He's played 12 games at league 2 and 9 at championship level.
    Plenty of other youngsters have looked like they had big potential after that many games, but then the opposition works out how to play against them and they find it a lot more difficult.

Yea not much chance. Can't say I've seen him play to be honest.

This thread will be linked to on planet swans within the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Do they still love us over there? Bless em, they were established I tell u

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Can they blame us? They've sold everyone else that isn't nailed down, and they've got less than a year left on their contracts. I wouldn't say it was likely but it is hardly beyond the realms of possibility. We're a welsh club who most of the fans would like see us sign more welsh players, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have similar conversations when we produced Matondo etc.

He's got the potential to be as good, if not better than Ashley Williams. :Grangetown Blue:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's got the potential to be as good, if not better than Ashley Williams. :Grangetown Blue:
    Which would be a great thing for Wales, as we haven't been blessed with good defenders over the years.

Presumably Grangetown blue wouldn't have a problem with him as he was born here

Why wouldn't he come here? We could sign him in January if we wanted. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why wouldn't he come here? We could sign him in January if we wanted. No problem.
    Because he's been linked with better teams than us.
    Hes a Jack through and through playing first team football.
    Were one of the favourites to be relegated ending up in the same division he is already in.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Because he's been linked with better teams than us.
    Hes a Jack through and through playing first team football.
    Were one of the favourites to be relegated ending up in the same division he is already in.
    If Swansea are out of the top 6 come January, he's not going to turn down the chance to play at least a dozen games in the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Swansea are out of the top 6 come January, he's not going to turn down the chance to play at least a dozen games in the top flight.
    And he's not going to turn down the money. NYC won't agree but if we have a chance of staying up, he might jump at the chance. Bobby Reid did.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Where is he from? If he’s born and bread jack he won’t come here anyway. I heard a rumour the6 were an established premier league club for 7 seasons so no doubt they had a few coming through. King huw and the hedge fund are about to cash in for sure mind.
    Can’t believe he is still there after overseeing the wasting of £100 million and subsequent relegation.
    It wasn't a rumour mate they are having 7 years in brackets after their name on the badge next season

I was told that him and Roberts have had talks but not to pleased what's been offered at the moment. I heard West Ham and Everton sniffing about

If the money is right with the chance of progression he would be silly not to move to a different club, regardless of any rivalry and same goes for a player going the other way

Bamba won't be the same player in 2 years so we need to think about his (as part of spine of team) replacement while we're on the up. Rodon has made a very good start to his Championship career and hopefully will boom to a fine premier league CB.