+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazil set to join the anti-globalists?

Brazil set to join the anti-globalists?

Already in the team are US, Russia, Japan, Turkey, China, India, Saudi Arabia and Italy. That's a lot of economic firepower! Why is Britain so keen to stay attached to the EU sinking ship?

Re: Brazil set to join the anti-globalists?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Already in the team are US, Russia, Japan, Turkey, China, India, Saudi Arabia and Italy. That's a lot of economic firepower! Why is Britain so keen to stay attached to the EU sinking ship?
    Because politicians on both sides tell us so.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because politicians on both sides tell us so.
    Someone, somewhere, must have one hell of a big dirt file!

It's not really a team though is it? These nations aren't working together in any tangible way are they?
    Italy won't be leaving the EU any time soon. The right wing party even dropped it As a policy because it wasn't popular.
    And if you think that China isn't keen on globalization then you really haven't been paying attention, just they want it on their terms.

I have visited each of those countries and I would take the EU over any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's not really a team though is it? These nations aren't working together in any tangible way are they?
    Italy won't be leaving the EU any time soon. The right wing party even dropped it As a policy because it wasn't popular.
    And if you think that China isn't keen on globalization then you really haven't been paying attention, just they want it on their terms.

I have visited each of those countries and I would take the EU over any of them.
    So you support stripping the wealth from the middle classes, outsourcing jobs which affects the working classes, while allowing the few at the top to accumulate great wealth?

So you support stripping the wealth from the middle classes, outsourcing jobs which affects the working classes, while allowing the few at the top to accumulate great wealth?
    Yeah you’re right, after all the ordinary working class folk in Russia, Saudi Arabia and China have so much wealth and freedom of choice compared to those living in France, Germany, Holland etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Yeah you’re right, after all the ordinary working class folk in Russia, Saudi Arabia and China have so much wealth and freedom of choice compared to those living in France, Germany, Holland etc.....

As if all those things are unique to the EU.

Of course people are better off in those countries, as they have benefitted from the transfer of wealth. China was still in the stone age before the West off-shored all of their manufacturing there. Now they have a growing middle class and increasing prosperity at our expense.

Of course people are better off in those countries, as they have benefitted from the transfer of wealth. China was still in the stone age before the West off-shored all of their manufacturing there. Now they have a growing middle class and increasing prosperity at our expense.
    So "China was still in the stone age before the West off-shored all of their manufacturing there" - you are saying that the Chinese people would not be enjoying the standard of living they are now if it wasn't for globalsists then? I would have thought that would be a good thing for them and that's what you appear to be saying, but obviously it cannot be the case because, as you are always telling us, everything the globalists do is pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So "China was still in the stone age before the West off-shored all of their manufacturing there" - you are saying that the Chinese people would not be enjoying the standard of living they are now if it wasn't for globalsists then? I would have thought that would be a good thing for them and that's what you appear to be saying, but obviously it cannot be the case because, as you are always telling us, everything the globalists do is pure evil.
    China had strategic political goals. They knew that by taking away manufacturing capicity from western countries and offering them cheaper products in return, that they would ultimately weaken them. You just have to look at all the subsidized steel and aluminium that they were dumping onto the world markets. They were also interested in obtaining IP from the West by any means, especially the military stuff.

I'd love to know the reasons why globalists (AKA the powers that be for those who dislike the G-word) have allowed the world's population to grow to 7.6 billion [2018 UN estimate] when they always bemoan humankind's contribution to climate change and fret about the depletion of finite natural resources.

Deagel, a respected defence site, has been producing population and economic forecasts for the year 2025 since 2012, and predict the arch globalist countries and/or predominently white majority countries will suffer the most with Germany, Ireland, USA and especially the UK (whose population and GDP will decline by 75%+ and 90%+, respectively) enduring the greatest tumult.

Their reasoning is found at the foot of each page. The UK forecast is on page 2. http://www.deagel.com/country/foreca...t=GDP&ord=DESC

China had strategic political goals. They knew that by taking away manufacturing capicity from western countries and offering them cheaper products in return, that they would ultimately weaken them. You just have to look at all the subsidized steel and aluminium that they were dumping onto the world markets. They were also interested in obtaining IP from the West by any means, especially the military stuff.
    That doesn't appear to have answered the question.

That doesn't appear to have answered the question.
    Maybe it wasn't a very good question or the answer is too complex for casual observers, but going back to the OP, Brazilians are one step away from turning their backs on globalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'd love to know the reasons why globalists (AKA the powers that be for those who dislike the G-word) have allowed the world's population to grow to 7.6 billion [2018 UN estimate] when they always bemoan humankind's contribution to climate change and fret about the depletion of finite natural resources.

Deagel, a respected defence site, has been producing population and economic forecasts for the year 2025 since 2012, and predict the arch globalist countries and/or predominently white majority countries will suffer the most with Germany, Ireland, USA and especially the UK (whose population and GDP will decline by 75%+ and 90%+, respectively) enduring the greatest tumult.

Their reasoning is found at the foot of each page. The UK forecast is on page 2. http://www.deagel.com/country/foreca...t=GDP&ord=DESC
    That website is one of the more ludicrous anyone has posted here, and that is some achievement.
    USA population reduced by 250 million
    UK and Germany both reduced by 50 million

Do you honestly think this is going to happen?

The population of the UK is going to drop by 90% in the next seven (nearer six) years?

Organ Morgan uses "respected" in a different way to everyone else.

65M to 14.5M population is around a 75%+ decline and if you care to peruse their UK GDP forecast it's 90%+ decline, which is what I wrote. Blaming the messenger is one thing, misquoting too is bad form.

65M to 14.5M population is around a 75%+ decline and if you care to peruse their UK GDP forecast it's 90%+ decline, which is what I wrote. Blaming the messenger is one thing, misquoting too is bad form.
    My apologies. But let's be honest, it's like the difference between predicting City win 15-0 or 18-0 at anfield. Neither is going to happen. It does maintain your record of apocalyptic predictions though.

That website is one of the more ludicrous anyone has posted here, and that is some achievement.
    USA population reduced by 250 million
    UK and Germany both reduced by 50 million

Do you honestly think this is going to happen?
    No, I don't, nor do they they will prove accurate. They've explained their methodology... economic collapse resulting in mass emigration. They also say Western countries are cooking the economic books and producing fake stats.

If you care to check to quotes below, Trump did indeed say all of them.

"The unemployment numbers are fake." - Trump 2016.

"The Fed is being political keeping rates low." - Trump 2016.

"The economy is a big fat ugly bubble from low interest rates." - Trump 2016.

"The Fed should keep rates low to help me out." - Trump 2018.

"The economy is the best in history." - Trump 2018.

"The unemployment numbers prove everything is great." - Trump 2018.

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’ before they made him look good: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a6ed0bcd388c

No, I don't, nor do they they will prove accurate. They've explained their methodology... economic collapse resulting in mass emigration. They also say Western countries are cooking the economic books and producing fake stats.

If you care to check to quotes below, Trump did indeed say all of them.

"The unemployment numbers are fake." - Trump 2016.

"The Fed is being political keeping rates low." - Trump 2016.

"The economy is a big fat ugly bubble from low interest rates." - Trump 2016.

"The Fed should keep rates low to help me out." - Trump 2018.

"The economy is the best in history." - Trump 2018.

"The unemployment numbers prove everything is great." - Trump 2018.

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’ before they made him look good: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a6ed0bcd388c
    It's quite easy to look back at archived versions of that site where this fantasist has made predictions in the past.
    In 2007 he was making predictions about the year 2017. His prediction for the UK was that GDP was going to be halved and millions of the population would leave taking it down to around 60 million.
    I may not have been paying complete attention, but I don't remember either of those things happening.
    But of course "western countries are cooking the books" so perhaps it did happen.

Perhaps this wasn't getting his website enough hits, because from then on he really started to crank up the apocalyptic nature of his predictions. For 2020 the prediction was a uk population of 50 million, 250 million for the US.

It is nothing more than a libertarian fantasy.

I do find the anti capitalists/globalist rants funny , but enjoy its outputs

Maybe it wasn't a very good question or the answer is too complex for casual observers, but going back to the OP, Brazilians are one step away from turning their backs on globalism.
    You're doing your David Brent impersonation in this thread aren't you. Fair play to you, you've got him down to a tee .

All I'm doing is attempting to understand what you are trying to say in this thread. You start off talking about an anti globalist team (your word, not mine), but there appears to be a distinct lack of team spirit around if you are to be believed.

Slightly condescending but as you’re going there it’s a ridiculous assertion to say there’s some sort of team between the aforementioned nations when two of them are engaging in a trade war.

You're doing your David Brent impersonation in this thread aren't you. Fair play to you, you've got him down to a tee .

All I'm doing is attempting to understand what you are trying to say in this thread. You start off talking about an anti globalist team (your word, not mine), but there appears to be a distinct lack of team spirit around if you are to be believed.

It’s too complex for us mere mortals TOBW, I feel suitably admonished by the ridiculous contradiction.

Slightly condescending but as you’re going there it’s a ridiculous assertion to say there’s some sort of team between the aforementioned nations when two of them are engaging in a trade war.
    The next line will be that the mainstream media are keeping it all secret.

As the old saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. China want a new international banking sytem to compete with the globalist one. Also the new Silk Road is not a globalist construct. With Trump on the scene the dynamics have changed, now it's about trade and national interest, so they are both on the same anti-globalist team.. which is growing and not shrinking.