+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brazil set to join the anti-globalists?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brazil set to join the anti-globalists?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You're doing your David Brent impersonation in this thread aren't you. Fair play to you, you've got him down to a tee .

All I'm doing is attempting to understand what you are trying to say in this thread. You start off talking about an anti globalist team (your word, not mine), but there appears to be a distinct lack of team spirit around if you are to be believed.

It’s too complex for us mere mortals TOBW, I feel suitably admonished by the ridiculous contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It would appear that whatever it has been called during its almost two year existence then that each time you promised a massive firework display all we saw was someone waving a sparkler for a couple of minutes.
    Wait and see, November/December/January delete where appropriate is going to be very interesting and I will be sitting back watching the fun commence!
    (Wales Bales standard reply 😃)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Already in the team are US, Russia, Japan, Turkey, China, India, Saudi Arabia and Italy. That's a lot of economic firepower! Why is Britain so keen to stay attached to the EU sinking ship?
    Well what we're seeing is an end to American hegemony as other powers rise. China have been pursuing a globalist policy, as you well know, so you're talking shite, again.

Saudi Arabia have been taking steps towards democratisation over recent years, helped by the drop in oil prices which means they have had to be more appeasing, these reforms including education and rights for women will lead to a larger middle class which, according to modernisation theory, should lead to a democratic state emerging. This democratisation will inevitably lead to an alignment with the West

Aside from that, none of these countries are working together, so where's this anti-globalist dream team?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well what we're seeing is an end to American hegemony as other powers rise. China have been pursuing a globalist policy, as you well know, so you're talking shite, again.
    China aren't globalists, they want to rule the world. America are currently offering them a trade deal on reduces terms, with less access to IP in order to keep them in check. None of them have plans for an open border utopia, only increased trade opportunities. We should join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    China aren't globalists, they want to rule the world. America are currently offering them a trade deal on reduces terms, with less access to IP in order to keep them in check. None of them have plans for an open border utopia, only increased trade opportunities. We should join them.
    So you're suggesting we seek mutually advantageous trade deals with a foreign power? Sounds pretty globalist to me

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So you're suggesting we seek mutually advantageous trade deals with a foreign power? Sounds pretty globalist to me
    Oh dear, he's gone to look up what globalist means now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh dear, he's gone to look up what globalist means now.

Me or him?