+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport Taxis

Newport Taxis

Not a glc song title, but I've noticed loads of them lately in Cardiff, spotted six the other night and three or four ferrying fans down from the City Centre to the stadium before the Man City game, they were picking up from the street (flagged down) and the Cardiff Taxi drivers were going mental. I thought that you were supposed to stay on your own patch, and not work other areas-why have I seen so many?

Re: Newport Taxis

Yep loads of them, are they Uber taxis though ?? Or is it a case they get there taxi licence from Newport and allowed to operate in Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep loads of them, are they Uber taxis though ?? Or is it a case they get there taxi licence from Newport and allowed to operate in Cardiff?
    No idea mate. I always thought that you worked the area where the taxi is registered (not Hackney) maybe they're those uber things.

Its a loophole called cross border.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Its a loophole called cross border.
    Or is it "county lines"?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Or is it "county lines"?
    http://senedd.assembly.wales/mgIssue...aspx?IId=19789

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Or is it "county lines"?
    Is it unlawful to attack them ,used to happen in the 70's we were always attacking the Cwnty

If they shake up the smelly expensive Cardiff taxis then it can't be a bad thing