+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rudy Gestede ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rudy Gestede ?

At the moment we have nothing , he's likely to be cheap , he tries , can head a ball ,has scored goals in the Premiership, something our strikers cannot deliver .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    At the moment we have nothing , he's likely to be cheap , he tries , can head a ball ,has scored goals in the Premiership, something our strikers cannot deliver .
    Let's get this straight - Gestede has 51 Premier League appearances as both starter and sub, mainly because he's rarely been good enough to hold down a regular starting role. In those 51 appearances, he's scored 7, including 2 in the 16 appearances for Middlesbrough.

Last season he managed an impressive 4 goals from 20 appearances at Championship level for a side in and around the playoffs all season.

His stats are hardly great. One good season with Blackburn masks over several seasons of utter mediocrity. You can hardly be surprised people are taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's get this straight - Gestede has 51 Premier League appearances as both starter and sub, mainly because he's rarely been good enough to hold down a regular starting role. In those 51 appearances, he's scored 7, including 2 in the 16 appearances for Middlesbrough.

Last season he managed an impressive 4 goals from 20 appearances at Championship level for a side in and around the playoffs all season.

His stats are hardly great. One good season with Blackburn masks over several seasons of utter mediocrity. You can hardly be surprised people are taking the piss.
    He's scored 6 more , than more than any of our strikers

I would expect Ward and Zohore (if KZ's head is functioning) to have netted more than that after a similar number of performances in this division.

He has a point.

There could be many reasons why he hasn't set the world alight, not just that he cant hack it, and the stats don't always tell the story.

I always thought it was a mistake to offload Rudy anyway as he wasnt earning much and had shown some potential I'm the limited chances he was given here.

If he was cheap and within our wage structure, then he'd get my vote.