+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rudy Gestede ?

Rudy Gestede ?

Could we give him a go ,been injured ,close to a return ,cheeky loan ?

Re: Rudy Gestede ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Could we give him a go ,been injured ,close to a return ,cheeky loan ?

You are living on Mars

Has Parkin finished promoting his book??

Please tell me you're not serious?

At the moment we have nothing , he's likely to be cheap , he tries , can head a ball ,has scored goals in the Premiership, something our strikers cannot deliver .

Cornelius and Gestede up front sounds good, with Madine tucked in just behind them

Gavin Rae could be the ace in the
    hole providing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cornelius and Gestede up front sounds good, with Madine tucked in just behind them
    Keep Eoin Doyle and Alex Revell on the bench in case we fail to score more than 5 a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Has Parkin finished promoting his book??
    He has probably eaten it.

At the moment we have nothing , he's likely to be cheap , he tries , can head a ball ,has scored goals in the Premiership, something our strikers cannot deliver .
    Let's get this straight - Gestede has 51 Premier League appearances as both starter and sub, mainly because he's rarely been good enough to hold down a regular starting role. In those 51 appearances, he's scored 7, including 2 in the 16 appearances for Middlesbrough.

Last season he managed an impressive 4 goals from 20 appearances at Championship level for a side in and around the playoffs all season.

His stats are hardly great. One good season with Blackburn masks over several seasons of utter mediocrity. You can hardly be surprised people are taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's get this straight - Gestede has 51 Premier League appearances as both starter and sub, mainly because he's rarely been good enough to hold down a regular starting role. In those 51 appearances, he's scored 7, including 2 in the 16 appearances for Middlesbrough.

Last season he managed an impressive 4 goals from 20 appearances at Championship level for a side in and around the playoffs all season.

His stats are hardly great. One good season with Blackburn masks over several seasons of utter mediocrity. You can hardly be surprised people are taking the piss.
    He's scored 6 more , than more than any of our strikers

I would expect Ward and Zohore (if KZ's head is functioning) to have netted more than that after a similar number of performances in this division.

He has a point.

There could be many reasons why he hasn't set the world alight, not just that he cant hack it, and the stats don't always tell the story.

I always thought it was a mistake to offload Rudy anyway as he wasnt earning much and had shown some potential I'm the limited chances he was given here.

If he was cheap and within our wage structure, then he'd get my vote.

I would expect Ward and Zohore (if KZ's head is functioning) to have netted more than that after a similar number of performances in this division.
    Ward yes, Zohore not a hope in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    In fact a straight swop for Zohore would ve good business, even if we had to give Boro few grand too 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    On current form, yes, which is a shame.

Premiership experience and game time count for a lot , we have very little of that in the squad.

In the games I saw him play he looked dangerous and not out of place ,he certainly created opportunity for other's by his physical presence , and just looked all round more intrested and capable than Ken does,and thats what were comparing, its not a long term answer to our problems up front , I just wonder what 7 goals would do to our season.

Premiership experience and game time count for a lot , we have very little of that in the squad.

In the games I saw him play he looked dangerous and not out of place ,he certainly created opportunity for other's by his physical presence , and just looked all round more intrested and capable than Ken does,and thats what were comparing, its not a long term answer to our problems up front , I just wonder what 7 goals would do to our season.
    I agree that 7 goals would do wonders.

I don't think Gestede on his form in more recent seasons would get close to 7 goals. I reckon Ward has more potential to score more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

I agree that 7 goals would do wonders.

I don't think Gestede on his form in more recent seasons would get close to 7 goals. I reckon Ward has more potential to score more.
    Yes Ward looks good ,dreadful injury luck though , always felt he could have scored a few last year with a decent first team run ,

What news on his injury?

Is Zohore on International duty?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyblue View Post
    Bloody dream ticket, mixed skill sets of international experience, layered with touch of Italian grace , and that goal champion chap from Bolton ,who could be our goal fest hero and savour next year.