Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
We are talking about politics though , in my view the rhetoric and the actual are two different things , and I'm fairly sure there is a behind the doors done deal ( NOT A PRETTY ONE ), if there's not then the EU are indeed bullying the UK decision in trying to force an election via no deal ,using the Labour/SNP and Liberal position of not voting for any deal ,and forcing upon us a second referendum , and on we go , and go and go until we get a yes ,depending on how many referendums we can master in the next ten years .
I'm not sure where you are getting any of that from. The EU cannot force an election and the people involved in the negotiation would even say that it wasn't any of their business.
The EU negotiators set out how they would respond right at the start of the process and have been very consistent, it is the Tories who are either incompetent in thinking that the EU would abandon its core principles to suit us, or just grandstanding to deflect the inevitable terrible outcome is not their fault and hoping that people blame the EU 'bullies' instead.