+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale is out of tomorrow’s game with Spain

Gareth Bale is out of tomorrow’s game with Spain

https://behindthegoal.cymru/2018/10/...sh-with-spain/

Will be a massive test for whoever steps in. Likely to be Vokes I’d imagine, but wouldn’t rule out a front three of Wilson - Lawrence - Brooks or Roberts playing as the no.9.

Re: Gareth Bale is out of tomorrow’s game with Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    https://behindthegoal.cymru/2018/10/...sh-with-spain/

Will be a massive test for whoever steps in. Likely to be Vokes I’d imagine, but wouldn’t rule out a front three of Wilson - Lawrence - Brooks or Roberts playing as the no.9.
    Is the "no friendly Giggs " behaviour kicking in , or is he too god like to criticise ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is the "no friendly Giggs " behaviour kicking in , or is he too god like to criticise ?
    Thought exactly the same

No surprise really though.
    Need him for next week.

BTW, spotted this earlier but didn't want to give the nob a thread of his own (sorry Zenith for hijacking)...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-premier-league-warnock-15261037

See if anyone spot the consonant wrong in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Thought exactly the same

No surprise really though.
    Need him for next week.

BTW, spotted this earlier but didn't want to give the nob a thread of his own (sorry Zenith for hijacking)...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-15261037

See if anyone spot the consonant wrong in his name!
    Jason Cun*y. You can stop reading there. He's just a WUM.

Wasn't he injured just last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Jason Cun*y. You can stop reading there. He's just a WUM.
    Correctamundo
    I stopped reading not long after the headline actually guessing what was to follow.
    Have heard much of what I assume the content is on here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes he was. It's only precautionary that he misses Thursday's match, as it's likely he would injure himself. Ireland is more important so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes, he was ruled out more or less then

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Correctamundo
    I stopped reading not long after the headline actually guessing what was to follow.
    Have heard much of what I assume the content is on here anyway.
    I wonder how much Cundy has actually seen of us this season?

Bale has come off early in two of last three Madrid games and missed the third. If you're questioning his commitment here you're from the Chris Sutton school of commentators.

Would it be a bad thing if he played a more restricted role going forward? We want him at his best for competitive games and, because of nations league, we now have more than ever before. He also wants to secure his personal legacy and I'm right behind that too.

Why do Walesonline give so much oxygen to Sutton'eque reports? They asked over the summer how they could fit more Welsh League content in and surely crap articles being removed is the answer.

Tyler Roberts to start up front? Brooks, Lawrence and Roberts as a front three.

Sounds like Giggs has recognised that Ireland game more important so line-up may be impacted by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes he was. It's only precautionary that he misses Thursday's match, as it's likely he would injure himself. Ireland is more important so it makes sense.
    Giggsy had loads of precautionary , I'm surprised he is not o the bench ,big side Spain big prestige if we win

Giggsy had loads of precautionary , I'm surprised he is not o the bench ,big side Spain big prestige if we win
    Bale is actually injured this time...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    https://en.as.com/en/2018/10/10/foot...97_076256.html

Are Spain at full strength tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Are Spain at full strength tonight?
    They are resting a few players ahead of their Nations League match with England next week like Ramos, Busquets and they have a few players not in the squad due to injury - Isco, Costa, Carvajal.

He said he's got a bad leg, and **** the egg, viva Gareth Bale.

The word is its a niggle not full injury ,if this was a bigger game ie Real one he'd play or be in the squad .

I would suggest as he ages he will use more of this precautionary injury moments , he's got a great chance of being big at Madrid even number 1 ,so he will protect that.

I see a likeness in Giggsy in his latter years , even for Utd ,he was rested ,to prelong his playing career.

Big chance for he Welsh youngsters , and see how Wales cope without Bale against quality opposition .

The word is its a niggle not full injury ,if this was a bigger game ie Real one he'd play or be in the squad .

I would suggest as he ages he will use more of this precautionary injury moments , he's got a great chance of being big at Madrid even number 1 ,so he will protect that.

I see a likeness in Giggsy in his latter years , even for Utd ,he was rested ,to prelong his playing career.

Big chance for he Welsh youngsters , and see how Wales cope without Bale against quality opposition .
    Or perhaps its because we have a competitive game Tuesday that is far more important than this one? Real are royally pissed off that Bale still puts Wales ahead of them

Or perhaps its because we have a competitive game Tuesday that is far more important than this one? Real are royally pissed off that Bale still puts Wales ahead of them
    'Real are royally' Like that. Best not to play him tonight, especially as he is having a few minor injury problems. Have Real Madrid actually come out and said that they're pissed of with Bale attending the large majority of Wales games?

Difference is that players (and their agents) call the shots these days, in Giggsys day it was all about the managers, and Ferguson carefully chose his games for him.
    These days I think Bale has more of a say when he plays, than Ryan ever did.

Looks like he is out of Ireland game also. Shame as they aren't going to be as good.

Not sure if best to go with vokes or someone like Wilson who can interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Looks like he is out of Ireland game also. Shame as they aren't going to be as good.

Not sure if best to go with vokes or someone like Wilson who can interchange.
    I had been optimistic he was being kept back for the Ireland game but as you say he now seems to be unlikely to play in that one too.

I suppose we want the Irish to beat the Danes first to make it all square in our group