+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Richard Ashcroft - Opinions

Richard Ashcroft - Opinions

I have a chance for a couple of tickets to see Richard Ashcroft (Not Freebies) which I'm assured will sell out. I like a lot of his stuff, so had a gander on you tube of some of his live performances. Just my opinion but thought he came across as a Liam Gallagher 'wannabe' whilst talking a lot of tripe between songs whilst the quality of his vocals and music came across as somewhat 'Kareokeish'.

Anyone seen him and agree or disagree ?

Re: Richard Ashcroft - Opinions

He told Lilly Allen to STFU, so worth supporting IMO

Without Nick McCabe his songs are one dimensional and rather dull.

He's far from a Liam Gallagher wannabe though.

great in the verve, his first solo album was decent enough, but that must be 20 years ago now

Just a bit of a dick really

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I have a chance for a couple of tickets to see Richard Ashcroft (Not Freebies) which I'm assured will sell out. I like a lot of his stuff, so had a gander on you tube of some of his live performances. Just my opinion but thought he came across as a Liam Gallagher 'wannabe' whilst talking a lot of tripe between songs whilst the quality of his vocals and music came across as somewhat 'Kareokeish'.

He'll be off his trolley guaranteed. He was on Soccer AM the other morning and a bag fell out of his sock. ����

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Saw him in London a few yers ago, very good live I thought