Switched Radio 5 on this morning and the first thing I heard was them banging on about a Royal Wedding that was taking place today which I'd not heard about until then and they're still talking about it every time I've listened to the channel since then. The phone in at 9 o clock was about it and was presented by someone (Claire McDonald?) who obviously thought it was a great thing -all of the people interviewed while I was listening were pro the Royal Family, but she did mention that they were getting texts asking why the wedding should be paid for out of the public purse. When someone texted in to say that the cost of the policing for the marriage of this relatively minor Royal (I think her name was Eugenie) should come out of the public purse because the Queen and other more prominent members of the Royal Family had to be protected at the event, the presenter babbled "good point, good point" - neutral it certainly wasn't!

It all seemed to sum up what Radio 5 is in danger of becoming - a candy floss station.