+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 4 Spain (official match thead)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Spain (official match thead)

Well at least we won't be playing in the millennium again anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Well at least we won't be playing in the millennium again anytime soon...
    A lot of work needed to make that a football ground. The bright side was that the queueing for the toilet wasn't bad at all, the down side was pretty much everyting else. Bar staff were a joke - who was going to throw a plastic bottle from the top tier? So why waste 5 minutes for every customer putting it in a plastic cup? Why not have drinks on tap so you can go straight into cup rather than bottle, unscrew lid, plastic cup. Hideous to the point where I suspected the WRU wanted us to hate the millennium so we don't reappear.

If that was anyone's first game would they really want to go back? The whole football atmoshere was lost to tourists who themselves didn't get a good experience.

Playing side, Brooks and Ampadu looked good. Is Ampadu injured? I would have spent a grand to avoid the game if he's picked up a knock.

Main concern is how a guy named Rhodri can end up being MoM for Spain. Surely there's some Welsh blood there!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Playing side, Brooks and Ampadu looked good. Is Ampadu injured? I would have spent a grand to avoid the game if he's picked up a knock.
    Ampadu was coming off after 60 mins anyway, so I think he just came off. We'll have to wait for Zenith's news report! But yeah, Ampadu and Brooks didn't look out of place against the Spanish, both have big futures ahead of them. Wilson looked tidy too. It's also time to replace some of the old guard, they are blocking development.