+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 4 Spain (official match thead)

Re: FT: Wales 1 - 4 Spain (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Main concern is how a guy named Rhodri can end up being MoM for Spain. Surely there's some Welsh blood there!
    Rhodrigo... sign him up.

Re: Wales v Spain (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Playing side, Brooks and Ampadu looked good. Is Ampadu injured? I would have spent a grand to avoid the game if he's picked up a knock.
    Ampadu was coming off after 60 mins anyway, so I think he just came off. We'll have to wait for Zenith's news report! But yeah, Ampadu and Brooks didn't look out of place against the Spanish, both have big futures ahead of them. Wilson looked tidy too. It's also time to replace some of the old guard, they are blocking development.

Wales were shite, atmosphere was shite.
    Giggs is shite.
    No point dressing up an awful evening.
    1 Sooner we get back to CCS the better
    2 Without Bale Wales are nothing
    3 Williams King Gunter should never wear the red again. Vokes is a Carthorpe. Feck knows how he ever scores.
    4 Giggs was the worst possible choice as manager. We should have someone with international managerial experience not a former playboy.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Giggs is shite.
    3 Williams King Gunter should never wear the red again. Vokes is a Carthorpe. Feck knows how he ever scores.
    4 Giggs was the worst possible choice as manager. We should have someone with international managerial experience not a former playboy.
    The Welsh team of the near future is going to be far more technically proficient than the current one, so not all is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have the 15,000 extra PLASTICS in the crowd left for the pubs yet.

Football should be played in FOOTBALL STADIA, not egg grounds.
    How can you call them plastics when they are there and you aren’t?😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How can you call them plastics when they are there and you aren’t?��
    I've just spotted the elephant in the room

Hennessy Roberts Chester Mepham Davies Brooks Allen Ramsey Ampadu Bale Roberts(T) with Wilson and Lawrence for Ampadu and Bale if not fit.My team for Ireland

I don't think there is much point making judgement about players deficiencies last night, it was a foreign experience really.

It can become a football stadium but, like West Ham's recent move, if you don't involve the fans enough in the transition it becomes feckin horrible. The upper tiers feel really cut off and the red wall is dwarfed by fans playing on their phones. A whole end needs to be dedicated to the red wall rather than just a lower tier and creeping up the side (that end with effectively two tiers is made for this); air-horns need to be banned (aren't they prohibited items on the principality list? They are creeping back into the CCS too mind); there needs to be much quicker and better checks going into the ground; and much better and quicker service at bar in the grounds.... If our FA want us there in the future then they need to understand that playing in front of a football crowd has made games recently so good and do everything to make it less of an egg experience.

I'm not in the "never again" brigade but two more games like that and I will be.

Flights from Anglessey down were cancelled for last night. There needs to be work done to ensure fans from all over Wales can make it down. This one goes to our government and our local council who are determined to make transport in and out of town so painful.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How can you call them plastics when they are there and you aren’t?��
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've just spotted the elephant in the room

My wife and I, followed Wales all over Europe & Asia (Azerbaijann twice), when Wales were shite.

We did it, because it was a cracking atmosphere and a chance to visit countries you would not normally visit. We did this for about 15 years, until a certain group, who could no longer get away with their hooligan antics at league games, started travelling to Wales games, sometimes spoiling the away trips with their 1970/80's ways.

The wife no longer enjoyed the trips, so Old Tony here has a saying "if you don't wanna be somewhere or do something, don't do it", so we eliminated that part of football, from our lives.

Add now, the fact that we are pensioners and I am no longer working, so even if we were to want to follow Wales wholeheartedly, we would not be able to afford it, so another Old Tony saying comes into operation, which is "Eliminate the problem, the problem being Wales"

Did I miss EURO 2016, Na, am I a plastic, Na, for the simple reason, I don't go at all. Have I commented on the game, Na, All I did, was made a reference, to those who don't normally go, getting fed up and leaving early. By the look of comments on here and elsewhere, it looks and sounds like, the extra fans took over the SHOW and spoilt the GREAT atmosphere that has been created at the CCS and reduced it to a whimper.

Na, not for me these days, didn't even watch it on the tele, apart from when the adverts were on, so just flicked over to see the score.

Just seen the team and subs and it looks like Giggs is going down the same road as TOSH, lets hope the "fans", don't crucify Giggs, like they did TOSH, for giving youth a chance.

Me, PLASTIC, Na.

Typical over reaction by many on this thread. We played the old guard, and our best player was missing against one of the best teams in the world.
    A nothing game that will have told Giggs who’s past it and who isn’t.
    If we qualify for the 2020 Euros, this will be a distant memory. Coleman got it tight at the start of his tenure, by the know all critics on here
    Same old same old. Boring zzzzzzzz!
    Last edited by William Treseder; 12-10-18 at 07:50. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Giggs is shite.
    I'm with you there! What the feck did we do in training? We were embarrassing at the back. A manager with experience would have had us playing much better at the back. Giggs out!!

I would hope that Giggs paid little or no attention to preparing for this game and has his sights firmly set on Tuesday. Maybe he learnt a few things from the game that will give him a better idea of what he'll do moving forward. Whatever, losing a friendly game to Spain no matter how abject the performance is nothing to be ashamed of or even concerned with. Three points on Tuesday and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would hope that Giggs paid little or no attention to preparing for this game and has his sights firmly set on Tuesday. Maybe he learnt a few things from the game that will give him a better idea of what he'll do moving forward. Whatever, losing a friendly game to Spain no matter how abject the performance is nothing to be ashamed of or even concerned with. Three points on Tuesday and all is well.
    I take your point, but the defence wasn't great against Denmark, so you would have thought he might have used this game to address those issues, but we ended up with something even worse.