+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 4 Spain (official match thead)

Re: Wales v Spain (official match thead)

So glad I didn't spend £100 on a return ticket for this shite. Shocking defending for the second and third goals

So one sided. It's worse than watching Cardiff v Manchester City.

We have some decent young players but really if bale ain't fit for Ireland we need to do a Derby.

Well at least we won't be playing in the millennium again anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We have some decent young players but really if bale ain't fit for Ireland we need to do a Derby.

Most of the youngsters aren't even playing! No Mepham, Woodburn, Lawrence, Brooks or Roberts, this is very much the old guard with a few new faces and it shows. Williams is past it and why on earth have we gone with 2 in midfield against Spain!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Most of the youngsters aren't even playing! No Mepham, Woodburn, Lawrence, Brooks or Roberts, this is very much the old guard with a few new faces and it shows. Williams is past it and why on earth have we gone with 2 in midfield against Spain!?!?!
    Ampada & Wilson are doing ok all things considered.

They are just passing us off the park.We are being skooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Where is Mepham, he's not even on the bench.
    I don’t know. It’s odd.

There's no reason for us to still be playing 3 at the back

0-3 is a terrible loss if it ends this way. I've never been too interested in internationals but the score is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    0-3 is a terrible loss if it ends this way. I've never been too interested in internationals but the score is embarrassing.
    They beat Croatia 6-0 last month..

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Depends on the performance. Spain are capable of turning anyone over when things go right. I'd be more interested in how players perform, especially the youngsters, if there are any playing.

It’s been a reality check tonight. I really don’t want to see the likes of Gunter and King in the squad any more.
    Playing at this stadium was also a mistake. The CCS suits Wales.

Re: FT: Wales 1 - 4 Spain (official match thead)

I hadn't realised it was a Testimonial game - who was it for as they didn't mention anyone on the telly?

Even with a goal, I'm not sure what Vokes brings to the team. We've got fast counter-attacking players and he just holds us up. He's also not very good on the ground. I find substitutions like Brooks for Wilson frustrating. Wilson looked like the only threat in the first half, so I'd like to see him and Brooks on the pitch at the same time. Smith also looks good in midfield. Finally Roberts in front of Gunter on the right is a no-no for me.

Bit of a cameo from Williams tonight.
    No tackles, or headers won, not even a 'block' from the fake Welshman.
    No wonder his country didn't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Bit of a cameo from Williams tonight.
    No tackles, or headers won, not even a 'block' from the fake Welshman.
    No wonder his country didn't want him.
    What on earth was he doing for the second goal - stood in front of two unmarked Spanish players telling others who they should be marking just before the ball goes sailing over his head with no opposition player within yards of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Even with a goal, I'm not sure what Vokes brings to the team. We've got fast counter-attacking players and he just holds us up. He's also not very good on the ground. I find substitutions like Brooks for Wilson frustrating. Wilson looked like the only threat in the first half, so I'd like to see him and Brooks on the pitch at the same time. Smith also looks good in midfield. Finally Roberts in front of Gunter on the right is a no-no for me.
    Yep agreed with a lot of this. I also think Dummett deserves a chance but to switch to right back. Gunter isn’t good enough in the Championship. He should no longer be starting for Wales. King should be pensioned off . Let’s see the youngsters who played so well against Ireland. Brooks should have started tonight. Him on one flank. Wilson on the other. Bale up top. Tyler Roberts to come off the bench. Vokes is too slow.

Last edited by mazadona10; 11-10-18 at 21:09. Reason: Duplicate

Stupid to play the best team in the world at a stadium we don't play at. Luckily, we finished ok so hopefully not too down I'm probably putting too much attention on the Nations League which is only really a side show.

Spain players are all so technically good and agree we looked stupid trying to play ball out against them.
    In Britain we get excited when a player can play a cross field ball like Shelvey or links like Wiltshire when in reality Spain have 20 players who can do that and better. You just have to look at Fabregas Silva Cazorla who are regarded as the best passer pl has ever seen and they have been playing 2nd fiddle to the Spain regulars.

Looked much better with ball carriers rather than trying to pass it around them

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Brooks is a real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Stupid to play the best team in the world at a stadium we don't play at. Luckily, we finished ok so hopefully not too down I'm probably putting too much attention on the Nations League which is only really a side show.

Spain players are all so technically good and agree we looked stupid trying to play ball out against them.
    In Britain we get excited when a player can play a cross field ball like Shelvey or links like Wiltshire when in reality Spain have 20 players who can do that and better. You just have to look at Fabregas Silva Cazorla who are regarded as the best passer pl has ever seen and they have been playing 2nd fiddle to the Spain regulars.

Both Fabregas (110) and Silva (125) have over 100 caps for Spain and Cazorla has 77, its a bit unfair to say that's second fiddle

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Both Fabregas (110) and Silva (125) have over 100 caps for Spain and Cazorla has 77, its a bit unfair to say that's second fiddle
    But when you compare them to Iniesta and Xavi as players.

It just shows how good Spain has had it for me the best midfielders with Zidane in my life time

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Well at least we won't be playing in the millennium again anytime soon...
    A lot of work needed to make that a football ground. The bright side was that the queueing for the toilet wasn't bad at all, the down side was pretty much everyting else. Bar staff were a joke - who was going to throw a plastic bottle from the top tier? So why waste 5 minutes for every customer putting it in a plastic cup? Why not have drinks on tap so you can go straight into cup rather than bottle, unscrew lid, plastic cup. Hideous to the point where I suspected the WRU wanted us to hate the millennium so we don't reappear.

If that was anyone's first game would they really want to go back? The whole football atmoshere was lost to tourists who themselves didn't get a good experience.

Playing side, Brooks and Ampadu looked good. Is Ampadu injured? I would have spent a grand to avoid the game if he's picked up a knock.

Main concern is how a guy named Rhodri can end up being MoM for Spain. Surely there's some Welsh blood there!