+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

As a piece of drama, I did enjoy it though ,it's a bit different to your lady cop in charge stuff.

As for opinion forming ,yes I think we know live in a political correct fashioned society lead by so called snowflakes.

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a piece of drama, I did enjoy it though ,it's a bit different to your lady cop in charge stuff.

As for opinion forming ,yes I think we know live in a political correct fashioned society lead by so called snowflakes.
    That's very reassuring that the likes of the Sun, Mail and Express no longer have such a hold on forming people's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's very reassuring that the likes of the Sun, Mail and Express no longer have such a hold on forming people's opinion.
    Why those papers ? Same can be said of the Mirror, Observer, Guardian. People buy the paper that closest matches their opinions, not the other way around..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Why those papers ? Same can be said of the Mirror, Observer, Guardian. People buy the paper that closest matches their opinions, not the other way around..
    Somebody should launch the Conformation Bias Times for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I disagree. I believe newspapers do make a lot of people's minds up for them, including the Mirror, Guardian etc.

The fact that there are far more right wing papers out there, all desperately trying to avoid EU tax avoidance regulations, is obviously just a coincidence. Brexit, just one example, would never have happened without years of careful leading by the right wing media. Another is the debt levels of the UK. Shot up as a result of bailing out the banks, yet most believe that Labour caused the debt. No independent fiscal organisation backs up that fable, in fact I think they have all said the opposite, yet people believe this Government to be the party to trust with public finances, despite national debt nearly tripling in 8 years while wealth inequality has risen.

I wonder why Leveson 2 was cancelled? Could it be that this Government knows how well it does from the media and are hardly likely to shoot themselves in the foot?