+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Really?

  1. #1

    Really?


  2. #2

    Re: Really?

    Can see what hes saying though, hed rather play in front of 70k instead of 30k.

  3. #3

    Re: Really?

    Hopefully without him

  4. #4

    Re: Really?

    How can Gabbidon claim that there are plenty of fans who can't get tickets when the Ireland game didn't sell out?

  5. #5

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How can Gabbidon claim that there are plenty of fans who can't get tickets when the Ireland game didn't sell out?
    I guess he meant plenty of fair-weather fans who only want to turn up for the biggest games.

  6. #6

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How can Gabbidon claim that there are plenty of fans who can't get tickets when the Ireland game didn't sell out?
    Don't have competitive games on Thursday nights! Takes the fans from North Wales 10+hr round trips, and we get a lot of fans from there.

  7. #7

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No doubt someone will back me up with stats, but Wales' record at the home of rugby is utterly abysmal. And it's going to be even worse now that Giggs wants Wales to play the ball around going nowhere in particular, trying to prove his managerial credentials...

  8. #8

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No doubt someone will back me up with stats, but Wales' record at the home of rugby is utterly abysmal. And it's going to be even worse now that Giggs wants Wales to play the ball around going nowhere in particular, trying to prove his managerial credentials...
    On Sky afterwards they showed the win percentage for the team at the Principality since 2000 (30%) and the CCS (44%).

    They also stated the pitch is bigger and suits better footballing side, which is common sense. I can't believe they are discussing it to be honest, I've been to plenty of internationals at the Millennium, and by and large the atmosphere's been terrible.

    I don't understand Vokes' comments either, as up until then we were constantly being told that the team wanted to play at the CCS

  9. #9

    Re: Really?

    Even John Hartson said that the CCS was the home of Welsh Football.
    The millennium stadium is great when full, but is fecking dire when half empty.

  10. #10

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Don't have competitive games on Thursday nights! Takes the fans from North Wales 10+hr round trips, and we get a lot of fans from there.
    I live in Cardiff and keep telling my son how fortunate we are to have so much on our doorstep.
    Have so much respect for anyone who travels any distance to watch something midweek.

  11. #11

    Re: Really?

    Comment of the night must go to Ginge Collins who said in the post match analysis after watching Spain's 4th goal

    'Certainly the team me and Dave (Edwards, the co pundit) played in, we never conceded from set plays, in fact we rarely conceded goals at all'.

    I had to rewind it several times to make sure he did say it.

  12. #12

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No doubt someone will back me up with stats, but Wales' record at the home of rugby is utterly abysmal. And it's going to be even worse now that Giggs wants Wales to play the ball around going nowhere in particular, trying to prove his managerial credentials...
    England were the opposition the previous time we played there and so there was quite a big build up to the match and what happened was that England scored two in the first ten minutes and then took pity on us and declared - Wales were pitiful that day.

  13. #13

    Re: Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    England were the opposition the previous time we played there and so there was quite a big build up to the match and what happened was that England scored two in the first ten minutes and then took pity on us and declared - Wales were pitiful that day.
    We were in the stand opposite the players tunnel and we were surrounded by Ingurlund fans. Stewards were chucking 'um out right, left and centre

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •