+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    They largely self fund the trips via sponsorship,don’t worry you won’t be troubled to fund it yourself as a taxpayer.
    This was supposed to be a reply to Mazadona
    Surely sponsorship into longer term inniatives would be far more beneficial. In where there would be an actual benefit

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Surely sponsorship into longer term inniatives would be far more beneficial. In where there would be an actual benefit
    If you look at the website, you should be able to decipher the long term benefits to the people involved.I think you’re just looking to be negative about it,and that’s fine, I’m not going to bother trying to sell it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    The World Cup is a focal point for broader and longer term initiatives. It attracts media profile and therefore sponsors. There are over 70 local, grassroots projects linked to it.

I think you’re pissing against the wind with this one Baloo

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I think you’re pissing against the wind with this one Baloo
    I became interested as one of my relatives has worked with the Cardiff City Foundation. Playing football may seem trivial but the discipline and teamwork can really help people with various challenges gain the self-respect and confidence to start turning things around for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I became interested as one of my relatives has worked with the Cardiff City Foundation. Playing football may seem trivial but the discipline and teamwork can really help people with various challenges gain the self-respect and confidence to start turning things around for themselves.
    Exactly,what I meant was some of the contributors to the thread won’t see it for what it is despite your best efforts

Is there a disincentive for them to find a home as it will jeopardise their place in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is there a disincentive for them to find a home as it will jeopardise their place in the team?
    Homelessness isn’t necessarily street homelessness, it can include people who are sofa surfing,in a Local authority hostel,supported accommodation,temporary accommodation,placed in a B and B.