+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is there a disincentive for them to find a home as it will jeopardise their place in the team?
    Homelessness isn’t necessarily street homelessness, it can include people who are sofa surfing,in a Local authority hostel,supported accommodation,temporary accommodation,placed in a B and B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Homelessness isn’t necessarily street homelessness, it can include people who are sofa surfing,in a Local authority hostel,supported accommodation,temporary accommodation,placed in a B and B.
    I understand and I didn't intend doing down those who are in very unfortunate circumstances. It's just that drawing the line can't be straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I understand and I didn't intend doing down those who are in very unfortunate circumstances. It's just that drawing the line can't be straightforward.
    Fair point,the line is basically,if you are not a home owner, or don’t have a tenancy agreement,you can be classed as homeless.Even if you are housed and suffering health issues due to your accommodation,suffering domestic abuse or even living apart from your immediate family you can be classed as homeless.Organisations such as Street Football Wales,and who I work for(Llamau) are ultimately,through many different ways,trying to find suitable,permanent accommodation for these people.

Fair point,the line is basically,if you are not a home owner, or don’t have a tenancy agreement,you can be classed as homeless.Even if you are housed and suffering health issues due to your accommodation,suffering domestic abuse or even living apart from your immediate family you can be classed as homeless.Organisations such as Street Football Wales,and who I work for(Llamau) are ultimately,through many different ways,trying to find suitable,permanent accommodation for these people.
    Fair play to you, impressive event and worthy cause. Ignore the c0cks on here, if its not 1 thing its another but any reply gives them that feeling of sort of self worth.

That definition suggests the homeless problem is not as severe as is made out.