+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

The definition of homeless is basically, if you are not a home owner, or don’t have a tenancy agreement,you can be classed as homeless. That means my son who earns over £50k a year and lives for work reasons with a few colleagues temporarily, has no tenancy agreement and no longer owns a home is classified as a homeless person. The definition also probably applies to many students and workers living away from the family home. I'm sorry but it seems to me that if that is the definition which applies the homeless problem is not nearly as serious as the media point out and the need therefore for such an event is probably not the most worthy of causes. Of course there will be many worthy cases and many inspirational characters but until the true magnitude of real homeless people is known, and by that I mean those living on the streets, this event will not attract my support. Just for the record I donate to several charities but not this one.

Re: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The definition of homeless is basically, if you are not a home owner, or don’t have a tenancy agreement,you can be classed as homeless. That means my son who earns over £50k a year and lives for work reasons with a few colleagues temporarily, has no tenancy agreement and no longer owns a home is classified as a homeless person. The definition also probably applies to many students and workers living away from the family home. I'm sorry but it seems to me that if that is the definition which applies the homeless problem is not nearly as serious as the media point out and the need therefore for such an event is probably not the most worthy of causes. Of course there will be many worthy cases and many inspirational characters but until the true magnitude of real homeless people is known, and by that I mean those living on the streets, this event will not attract my support. Just for the record I donate to several charities but not this one.
    I can personally categorically assure you that the financial legacy benefits that will be derived from the Homeless World Cup will be used by charities such as Street Football Wales to assist the most deserving individuals.

If you still don`t believe in the cause but like to support charities , could I suggest you get your wallet out at the CCFC v Man Utd game just before Christmas where Cardiff City Supporters Trust have agreed with CCFC that a bucket collection will take place in support of homeless charity Wallich .