+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attention Pizza Lovers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Attention Pizza Lovers

Pizzas must shrink or lose their toppings under Government anti-obesity plan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sity-plan/amp/

Re: Attention Pizza Lovers

I’m disappointed.
    I thought this was a thread telling us that Lidl had re-introduced the inferno pizza.

A minimum price for alcohol, smaller pizzas, what the hell is going on??? Friday nights are turning into a nightmare!

It actually says a pizza for one should have just under 1000 calories, so what will probably happen is pizzas won't shrink or lose any toppings but instead in small text on the back it will say "serves 4"
    Panic over

If I hear one more professional chef on the TV or on radio pronounce 'chorizo' as 'choritzo' I am going to refer to pizzas as 'pizzers'. End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I hear one more professional chef on the TV or on radio pronounce 'chorizo' as 'choritzo' I am going to refer to pizzas as 'pizzers'. End of rant.
    What is the correct pronunciation?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What is the correct pronunciation?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNM8rN7vf2w

Well there are two ways to pronounce it in Spanish and one of them is very similar to the way it looks in English. Neither involves the 'ts' sound as in Italian.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pizzas must shrink or lose their toppings under Government anti-obesity plan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sity-plan/amp/

Bloody Nanny state, they should be educating people to think to think for themselves and know what they are eating not working it all out for them, just more dumbing down imo, it wont stop people eating a second pizza will it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Bloody Nanny state, they should be educating people to think to think for themselves and know what they are eating not working it all out for them, just more dumbing down imo, it wont stop people eating a second pizza will it?
    How is this nanny state? The government doesn't make the food or design the packaging. The food companies do and they have no incentive to tell people what's in the food they sell or make them healthier. They only do it because the "nanny state" makes them do it.

Of course it won't stop people eating a second but if they do then that's doubled the price of their dinner, which might put them off.

It's the government's job to keep an eye on things and much as I think 90% of the time they are shite I really can't see your criticism.