+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnar ....

Gunnar ....

Wasn't in the Iceland squad v France yesterday. Thought he might have had half an hour as we need him v Fulham.
    I assume he's stayed home, hope he's not still unfit.
    Anyone know any more?

Re: Gunnar ....

Wasn't he on the bench against Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Wasn't he on the bench against Spurs?
    Yup, can see him starting V Fulham in place of Ralls as the obvious replacement

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yup, can see him starting V Fulham in place of Ralls as the obvious replacement
    Yes think that's a nailed on cert.

The sending off maybe a blessing in disguise for Warnock, one to give Gunnerson a run ,and two give Ralls a much needed rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Wasn't in the Iceland squad v France yesterday. Thought he might have had half an hour as we need him v Fulham.
    I assume he's stayed home, hope he's not still unfit.
    Anyone know any more?
    I’m glad he didn’t play tbh. They and he have taken the piss of his club this last 15 months.

Only he’s one of Warnocks blue eyed boys then serious questions need to be asked of his commitment to this football club.

Should have ****ed him off on the summer but Warnock does like signing and injured player.

It's Iceland first with Gunnar so if he didn't play for them he is not fit for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's Iceland first with Gunnar so if he didn't play for them he is not fit for us.
    Neil Warnock has said that the World Cup came first for Gunnar last season, but, this time around, his priority is playing for City - despite the lack of evidence backing this sentiment up, I expect Gunnar to at least be on the bench next week.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Warnock has said that the World Cup came first for Gunnar last season, but, this time around, his priority is playing for City - despite the lack of evidence backing this sentiment up, I expect Gunnar to at least be on the bench next week.
    We get some little news from City during the week I find it a bit frustrating. I had to do a bit of digging to find he wasn't in Iceland squad. Like you I am hoping that Gunnar will be fit for Fulham,;but without match practice he could be a liability against them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We get some little news from City during the week I find it a bit frustrating. I had to do a bit of digging to find he wasn't in Iceland squad. Like you I am hoping that Gunnar will be fit for Fulham,;but without match practice he could be a liability against them.
    Perhaps the reason the club dont like releasing news any more is because it mostly gets twisted, speculated on and misrepresented in the press and on social media platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps the reason the club dont like releasing news any more is because it mostly gets twisted, speculated on and misrepresented in the press and on social media platforms.

Pray tell me how injury news is twisted, speculated on or misrepresented?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m glad he didn’t play tbh. They and he have taken the piss of his club this last 15 months.

Only he’s one of Warnocks blue eyed boys then serious questions need to be asked of his commitment to this football club.

Should have ****ed him off on the summer but Warnock does like signing and injured player.
    Totally agree with this. He did feck all for us back half of last season, we then sign him when hes injured 🙄. So 3 months into this season he still hasnt played a competative minute. What a big waste of money!

Youre talking bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Youre talking bollocks
    Before some pedant picks up on this...
    You're talking bollocks

Until they become conscious they will never rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Before some pedant picks up on this...
    You're talking bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Totally agree with this. He did feck all for us back half of last season, we then sign him when hes injured 🙄. So 3 months into this season he still hasnt played a competative minute. What a big waste of money!
    74th minute winner against Forest and Cardiff go up by 2 points.

Hopefully Gunnarson is on top form, but we did struggle against Fulham last year so will be a tough match. When considering if Gunnarson is good enough or not probably should remember that Bamba in midfield was our best option on the first day of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

In recent years I haven't seen a City player commit so much on the pitch, week in week out, as Gunnarson. Compared to the lazy Whittingham who relied on his undoubted skill to mask his lethargy, Gunnarson has been a warrior.

For some inexplicable reason there's been a collective dig at him on the boards in recent months as though somehow he's to blame for his injuries.

I really hope he can have a run in the side without injury. Unlike Ralls who looks more out of his depth at this level than anyone in our side, Gunnarson has the quality on the ball to compete..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In recent years I haven't seen a City player commit so much on the pitch, week in week out, as Gunnarson. Compared to the lazy Whittingham who relied on his undoubted skill to mask his lethargy, Gunnarson has been a warrior.

For some inexplicable reason there's been a collective dig at him on the boards in recent months as though somehow he's to blame for his injuries.

I really hope he can have a run in the side without injury. Unlike Ralls who looks more out of his depth at this level than anyone in our side, Gunnarson has the quality on the ball to compete..
    Statistically, isn't Ralls competing with the best English midfielders in the league?

I think as a player spends more time at a club then the more their weaknesses become frustrations and perhaps the more that it's picked on by opposition. For whatever reason, players who were once admired are discussed more harshly as time goes on.

Ralls is going to be a big loss. If fit Gunner is the next best option.

How Tomlin and Pilkington are not in our 25 man squad i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls is going to be a big loss. If fit Gunner is the next best option.

How Tomlin and Pilkington are not in our 25 man squad i dont know.
    What happens if someone has a log term injury? Can they be taken out of the 25 man squad?