+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zohore or Cornelius

Re: Zohore or Cornelius

Zohore's performances this season do not merit a place in our current starting eleven, but what I don't get is this assumption that we've got to have a target man type striker (a role which does not bring out the best in Zohore) in our side . Granted, it was only in a pre season friendly, but I thought the front three of Reid, Hoilett and Murphy used against Betis was quite promising and we've brought in a couple of better midfield players than we had since then who are equipped to give them a better service than they got that day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Zohore's performances this season do not merit a place in our current starting eleven, but what I don't get is this assumption that we've got to have a target man type striker (a role which does not bring out the best in Zohore) in our side . Granted, it was only in a pre season friendly, but I thought the front three of Reid, Hoilett and Murphy used against Betis was quite promising and we've brought in a couple of better midfield players than we had since then who are equipped to give them a better service than they got that day.
    Spot on TOBW, I thought the same when seeing the Betis game I was uplifted by our pace and movement , it's so easy to mark Ken as a standalone striker ,now it's not to say Ken could not be part of the three, I do wonder now why Madine was in the 25 as this system won't work in this league .