+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 years ago today

2 years ago today

I Travelled up for the game, then drove down after the game to Heathrow to fly to Dublin ( then onto Orlando ) the next day

Re: 2 years ago today

My first game back after a deployment, I got back the day Warnock was appointed.
    Brilliant atmosphere that night.

Twas the beginning of a new era and it felt like something special was about to happen.

Hard to believe from where we were only two years ago and we've come so far since.

Feels like we have come full circle

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Feels like we have come full circle
    From the bottom end of the Championship to the bottom end of the Premier League? Hardly full circle methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    From the bottom end of the Championship to the bottom end of the Premier League? Hardly full circle methinks.
    I think we'll improve on bottom end of the Championship if we get relagated, and fall into League 2. I can't see us having the stomach for another recovery. Our loan players will be gone, and our better players will be snapped up by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think we'll improve on bottom end of the Championship if we get relagated, and fall into League 2. I can't see us having the stomach for another recovery. Our loan players will be gone, and our better players will be snapped up by other teams.
    Another nice, optimistic post there from Mr Happy. If that's how you really think, you should go and find another teams board to troll.

We are a Championship team with Championship players. Most of us knew this season would be difficult but I would rather be in the Premier League for one season than not. The club has been sensible not blowing the budget meaning our finances will be much improved by the experience and we will be better placed than most to challenge again next year. "It's the footballing equivalent of it's better to have loved and lost than never to have been loved at all."

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Another nice, optimistic post there from Mr Happy. If that's how you really think, you should go and find another teams board to troll.
    There is more chance of us doing a Sunderland than going straight back up if we are relagated this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is more chance of us doing a Sunderland than going straight back up if we are relagated this season.

Why? Murphy and Reid would rip teams up in the championship, I doubt we’d hold on to Harry but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why? Murphy and Reid would rip teams up in the championship, I doubt we’d hold on to Harry but you never know.
    Murphy will stay in the Premier League if we drop back down.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Figure 8 ?

So far Murphy has one decent game under his belt at Premier League level.

There's a reason why we assembled a Championship All-Stars XI this summer... it's because they'll still be here if we get relegated. If Murphy earns a move to someone else then he'd probably have done enough to keep us up by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not more than one or two players would probably be picked up by Premier League teams if we get relegated - and we should therefore be competitive in The Championship next season.