+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Re: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Just watched 2 series of Ozark on Netflix. Very good.

Currently watching last chance lawyer NYC BBC2. Great viewing.
    I second this on Ozarks. Really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Stick with it. Series 4 is as good as B.B. The Guardian review last week considered series four to be better than B.B. High praise because B.B was brilliant.
    Just about to start series 4 but I think BCD in general is incredibly slow.

Thank **** for the end of series 3 because I couldn’t beat another series of the same storyline

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just about to start series 4 but I think BCD in general is incredibly slow.

Thank **** for the end of series 3 because I couldn’t beat another series of the same storyline
    Series 4 is a step up. Still slower than BB but very good with the same high quality acting and production values.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    There’s a new film on Netflix directed by Gareth Evans called Apostle. It’s not my cup of tea genre wise, but it’s filmed in wales and thought some people might be interested. Michael sheen is good in it.
    Saw this and thought it was good. A bit clunky in places but highly effective at other times. A bit too bloodthirsty but a decent 7/10.

Smashed through the entire of peaky blinders a month or so ago, 9/10... great viewing, up with Game of Thrones that. Watched Killing Eve more recently, which was weird, but good, 7/10.

Have to say terrestrial has stepped up recently and this is my list all 8 to 10 out of 10 :

Black Earth Rising 9
    Killing Eve 10
    Our Country 8
    The Cry 8
    Strangers 8
    Bodyguard 8
    Better Call Saul ( which Is fast become Breaking Bad ) 9
    Masters of None 8
    La Mante 8
    Ozark 8
    Mr Robot 10
    Narco's 10
    House Of Cards 10
    Breaking Bad 20 out of 10
    Wire 15 out of 10

Watched all eight episodes of Killing Eve on Sunday, so I think you could say I enjoyed it! Nine out of ten.

Watched Bodyguard over a few days last week. Not as good as I was expecting, but I suppose the fact I knew all about the "twist" at the end didn't help - seven out of ten.

Really enjoyed the first series of Goliath on Prime, which only made the poorly written second series that much more of a disappointment - eight out of ten for the first series, three out of ten for the second series.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Smashed through the entire of peaky blinders a month or so ago, 9/10... great viewing, up with Game of Thrones that. Watched Killing Eve more recently, which was weird, but good, 7/10.
    Yes Peaky Blinders very very good so is , in my view the best ecent terrestrial TV production Line of Duty.

If you fancy going back in time The Red Riding Trilogy is superb.

Just finished series four of Better Call Saul on Netflix. Like Breaking Bad it’s always had a great script and top quality acting and production values but lacked a bit of edge. Series four has changed that and been superb. The final episode was outstanding television. A worthy 9/10.
    Breaking bad 11/10
    Better call saul 10/10

Have tried watching Maniac but cant get into it.

Gone back to the Man in the High Castle which is a solid 8/10

Like others have said Ozark is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    An Icelandic series called 'The Court' on Channel 4's Walter Presents iPlayer. A manipulative and seemingly evil lawyer who somehow got a pardon for a murder he committed. Not sure why yet.
    Just finished watching an Icelandic series called Trapped. I think it's available on BBC iPlayer. Well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Just finished watching an Icelandic series called Trapped. I think it's available on BBC iPlayer. Well worth watching.
    Indeed. Seen that one (and shedloads of Nordic Noir). Did you watch 'The Night Shift'? It was like an Icelandic version of The Office based around three individuals, the manager being akin to Captain Mainwaring, working the night shift in a petrol station in Rejkjavik? It grew on me!

Indeed. Seen that one (and shedloads of Nordic Noir). Did you watch 'The Night Shift'? It was like an Icelandic version of The Office based around three individuals, the manager being akin to Captain Mainwaring, working the night shift in a petrol station in Rejkjavik? It grew on me!
    I've not, but I'll check it out cheers.

Salamander 9/10
    The Bridge 100/10

Smart tvs have a lot to answer for. Over the last year or so I've watched Green Wing, Spartacus and Fresh Meat. Green Wing...one of the best comedy/dramas ever. Spartacus....brilliant plot twists over several series plus plenty of excellent CGI gladiatorial battles. Fresh Meat...worth watching just for Kimberley Nixon. A very good comedy drama.

Love Ozark, that's one crazy family.

Just watched breaking bad again, can’t believe how good it was and how little I could recall from seeing it 10 years ago. Couldn’t even remember how it ended ffs....one of the positives of a shite memory. Quite enjoyed the deuce, haven’t started the 2nd season yet just saving them up. Quarry was a good watch, shame they not doing another one. Ozark was great too. Not much out there at the moment.

Watched the first episode of Mayans last night, now I'm not thinking it will be anywhere near SOA but a promising start

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just watched breaking bad again, can’t believe how good it was and how little I could recall from seeing it 10 years ago. Couldn’t even remember how it ended ffs....one of the positives of a shite memory. Quite enjoyed the deuce, haven’t started the 2nd season yet just saving them up. Quarry was a good watch, shame they not doing another one. Ozark was great too. Not much out there at the moment.
    Have you watched Better Call Saul? It's superb with a number of Breaking Bad characters.
    Lots of other stuff out there...have you seen any of the following?

Dark
    Manhunt Unabomber
    Godless
    Mindhunter
    Narcos
    The Forest
    La Casa de Papel
    The Sinner
    Black Mirror
    Ozark

Have you watched Better Call Saul? It's superb with a number of Breaking Bad characters.
    Lots of other stuff out there...have you seen any of the following?

Dark
    Manhunt Unabomber
    Godless
    Mindhunter
    Narcos
    The Forest
    La Casa de Papel
    The Sinner
    Black Mirror
    Ozark
    Cheers, a few of them I’ve not heard of, the forest, sinner etc....

Cheers, a few of them I’ve not heard of, the forest, sinner etc....

Just done series 1 of better call Saul too, it’s a good one��

Just done series 1 of better call Saul too, it’s a good one��
    It’s gets better. Just finished series four and it’s up there with Breaking Bad. First three series are very good but a bit slow paced st times.Series four is superb.

It’s gets better. Just finished series four and it’s up there with Breaking Bad. First three series are very good but a bit slow paced st times.Series four is superb.
    Watched series four over the past few days and I'm in a minority, perhaps of one, it seems - I enjoyed it, but didn't think it merited the reviews it's got on here and in other places.

Line of Duty - superb.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The Deuce. Insecure. Watched both seasons of Goliath which I liked.

I'm ashamed to admit I watch Ballers. Which is basically just Sports Entourage.
    The Deuce is excellent.

Almost finished Snowfall season 2 which is superb. Going to plough through Sinner 2 this weekend.

Killing Eve I enjoyed.