+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Re: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Watched series four over the past few days and I'm in a minority, perhaps of one, it seems - I enjoyed it, but didn't think it merited the reviews it's got on here and in other places.
    I’m ashamed of you ToBW. Wash your mouth out with soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m ashamed of you ToBW. Wash your mouth out with soap.
    Think it is me - although we have one or two on here who maintain they are right despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I'm not going to resort to that .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Watched series four over the past few days and I'm in a minority, perhaps of one, it seems - I enjoyed it, but didn't think it merited the reviews it's got on here and in other places.
    I’m with you. Im on episode 7. It is good, as is the previous three series, but it’s still soooo slow. Seems like nothing really happens in some episodes. Hoping the next three are gonna blow my socks off!

I still haven’t seen a box set better than the sopranos. And I’ve seen all the best ones.
    breaking bad (amazing)
    game of thrones (good but I don’t understand the hype)
    peaky blinders ( very good)

They are probably more ive forgotten about, but these came to mind.

Comedy wise, can’t beat a bit of curb your enthusiasm or peep show. Can watch them over and over.

I really enjoyed True Detective - the first series, not the second - it was slow to begin with but when it got going it was superb.

Agree with a lot of the recommendations on here. I'd also add Bosch (IMDB link here). Cop drama

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I really enjoyed True Detective - the first series, not the second - it was slow to begin with but when it got going it was superb.
    i think id go as far to say the first series of True Detective is the best TV ive ever watched.

Making a Murderer Series 2 available on Netflix from today

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    i think id go as far to say the first series of True Detective is the best TV ive ever watched.
    mathew however you spell his name was unbelievably brilliant in that first series and made it impossible to follow and then they try with Colin Farrell

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just watched breaking bad again, can’t believe how good it was and how little I could recall from seeing it 10 years ago. Couldn’t even remember how it ended ffs....one of the positives of a shite memory. Quite enjoyed the deuce, haven’t started the 2nd season yet just saving them up. Quarry was a good watch, shame they not doing another one. Ozark was great too. Not much out there at the moment.
    Watch Better Call Saul , you might recognise a few and same brooding theme

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    mathew however you spell his name was unbelievably brilliant in that first series and made it impossible to follow and then they try with Colin Farrell
    Good call it was excellent.

I’ve never hooked on a tv series like I was on sons of anarchy not even B.B. is it odd that I’ve never watched better call saul?

I’ve never hooked on a tv series like I was on sons of anarchy not even B.B. is it odd that I’ve never watched better call saul?
    Go for it, bloody good it's Breaking Bad with humour ,slick writing .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Go for it, bloody good it's Breaking Bad with humour ,slick writing .
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Making a Murderer Series 2 available on Netflix from today

Yep it’s on the list to watch.

Just watched episode 7 of Ozark2. Its like wading through treacle. It just hasn’t developed. Will watch the final three episodes but I dont care for any of the characters so will probably give Ozark 3 a swerve when it comes out in a year or so.

On episode 4 of haunting of hill house but slow and you need to pay attention has been good so far

On episode 4 of haunting of hill house but slow and you need to pay attention has been good so far
    I watched the first two and it was promising but have been told it becomes very slow and a bit of a letdown. Have stopped watching.

You can't compare former players to those playing for us today. None of our ex players every played for us at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You can't compare former players to those playing for us today. None of our ex players every played for us at this level.
    Well recommended. Will give it a try. Isit on Netflix?
    Hell of a title, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    An Icelandic series called 'The Court' on Channel 4's Walter Presents iPlayer. A manipulative and seemingly evil lawyer who somehow got a pardon for a murder he committed. Not sure why yet.
    Update: an attractive lady seduces him and on their second meeting brings along a load of handcuffs. Reluctantly, he goes along with it and all four limbs are secured to the bed. Then she produced a power drill.....

Making a Murderer series 2. Stitched up like a kipper

Dynasties. Watching episode two about the survival of penguins. Just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Dynasties. Watching episode two about the survival of penguins. Just brilliant.
    A bit bloody cold mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A bit bloody cold mind
    I’m Paul Zahn, and tonight we’re on the case in...

Anybody here seen The Americans? Is it any good?