+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, and our team could look something like, this with loads more talent available too!

Ward

C. Roberts - Rodon - Mepham - Davies

Brooks - Smith - Ampadu - Wilson

Woodburn - T. Roberts
    4 welsh born players. That would suggest a problem with developing footballers from within the country. It’s a dangerous game because if the 7 england born players had decided not to represent Wales, we’d be fukt from what I gather. I find it a really disappointing that welsh schools and football system have potentially produced 4 players good enough to get in the future wales team.

Re: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    4 welsh born players. That would suggest a problem with developing footballers from within the country. It’s a dangerous game because if the 7 england born players had decided not to represent Wales, we’d be fukt from what I gather. I find it a really disappointing that welsh schools and football system have potentially produced 4 players good enough to get in the future wales team.
    There's 5 in that side, Ward, Roberts, Rodon, Davies and Wilson. 12 of the current squad are welsh born, and that's not including Ramsey and Bale. Most of them have played Victory Shield football too, it's not as if we've found them from nowhere. Thomas, Ampadu, Smith and T. Roberts were part of the side that beat England in 2014.