Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
After suffering for 25 years I had the ligation done 18 months ago. Having two women shove a camera up your arse and hearing them make comments like “Ooh lovely and clean” was a bit embarrassing. What was worse was the fact that they misplaced at least one of the bands by putting them slightly too low - I read that it could be just a couple of millimetres that makes the difference.

What followed was 24 hours of incredibly intense pain that felt like being anally raped by a jagged bit of metal - not that I’ve actually been violated in that way but you get the idea. I vomited because the pain was so intense and passed out a couple of times. The pain was just about bearable with paracetamol the following day and I was pain-free within a few weeks. I’ve only had a very minor haemorrhoid since which is a relief as I had been getting thrombosed piles about twice a year for many years which were a right pain in the arse.

Get the ligation done but be prepared for the possibility of severe short-term pain.
Sounds like the rubber bands caught some muscle, too. Very, very painfull. Apparently the doc gets one attempt to place the band....if they misplace it, hard lines. It's not coming off until part of your body comes with it. Well survived.