+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: hemorrhoids

hemorrhoids

I know it's a pain in the @rse subject, but i've been suffering with piles the past year or so.

Its so bad at the moent that I can barely sit down, and I have to tell colleagues I have a bad back.

I've seen the doc 3 time who's given me cream, suppositories and a stool softener but it's still painful as phook! He said the operation is painful and often ineffective.

Clearly there's nowhere better to get medical advice than on here. Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with piles?

Sensible answers if you can please

Re: hemorrhoids

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2man1/2horse View Post
    I know it's a pain in the @rse subject, but i've been suffering with piles the past year or so.

Its so bad at the moent that I can barely sit down, and I have to tell colleagues I have a bad back.

I've seen the doc 3 time who's given me cream, suppositories and a stool softener but it's still painful as phook! He said the operation is painful and often ineffective.

Clearly there's nowhere better to get medical advice than on here. Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with piles?

Stick an ice cube up your bumworked for me

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Cool as feck is you Jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Have you been spying on me?lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Cool as feck is you Jeeps.
    But you do have to put a cloth around it.Mine went over night.

Have you been spying on me?lol
    Only on a tuesday

Operation not painful at all. Back at work next day. Had op. around 20 years ago, no problem since

If you're in Ponty, there's a guy that might be able to help you that drinks in the Bunch of Grapes.

Checkout https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/piles-...hoids/surgery/ and specifically the Haemorrhoidal artery ligation

I had this op back in Jan 2018 and it was 'day surgery' under general. Unfortunately I developed an infection which was horribly painful but sorted out with antibiotics. Now everything fine.

3 key things I would recommend...

Drink plenty of water. Helps keep stools soft and lubricates the intestines

When you're pushing one out, do it in short sharp bursts rather than one long nnnngggg.

Keep your finger nails trimmed to avoid tears when repacking.

Sounds like you need an operation if it's that bad. "Someone I know" had two ops....one under general and one without any. Go for the former if given a choice.

Just as a general point, Fybogel usually helps with oiling the wheels and getting things back on a regular cycle, or so I've heard from a friend anyway...

Most big supermarkets will have it, as will Boots etc.

Just reading this thread has been making me wince....

After suffering for 25 years I had the ligation done 18 months ago. Having two women shove a camera up your arse and hearing them make comments like “Ooh lovely and clean” was a bit embarrassing. What was worse was the fact that they misplaced at least one of the bands by putting them slightly too low - I read that it could be just a couple of millimetres that makes the difference.

What followed was 24 hours of incredibly intense pain that felt like being anally raped by a jagged bit of metal - not that I’ve actually been violated in that way but you get the idea. I vomited because the pain was so intense and passed out a couple of times. The pain was just about bearable with paracetamol the following day and I was pain-free within a few weeks. I’ve only had a very minor haemorrhoid since which is a relief as I had been getting thrombosed piles about twice a year for many years which were a right pain in the arse.

Get the ligation done but be prepared for the possibility of severe short-term pain.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    After suffering for 25 years I had the ligation done 18 months ago. Having two women shove a camera up your arse and hearing them make comments like “Ooh lovely and clean” was a bit embarrassing. What was worse was the fact that they misplaced at least one of the bands by putting them slightly too low - I read that it could be just a couple of millimetres that makes the difference.

What followed was 24 hours of incredibly intense pain that felt like being anally raped by a jagged bit of metal - not that I’ve actually been violated in that way but you get the idea. I vomited because the pain was so intense and passed out a couple of times. The pain was just about bearable with paracetamol the following day and I was pain-free within a few weeks. I’ve only had a very minor haemorrhoid since which is a relief as I had been getting thrombosed piles about twice a year for many years which were a right pain in the arse.

Get the ligation done but be prepared for the possibility of severe short-term pain.
    Sounds like the rubber bands caught some muscle, too. Very, very painfull. Apparently the doc gets one attempt to place the band....if they misplace it, hard lines. It's not coming off until part of your body comes with it. Well survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just reading this thread has been making me wince....
    Me too! I just said "****in' 'ell" out loud.

I had them a few years ago and they went with cream, if you're past that it might have to be surgery. They're horrible though, I feel for you mate.