+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Foul throws

Foul throws

Is there a rule anymore? The amount of foul throws in games is ridiculous

Re: Foul throws

I was speaking to my Daughters coach on Saturday about it, she is playing U12 girls football and she takes the Throws, i would say 25 % of them are foul throws ( we are working on them, when we have time ) yet the coach doesnt seem bothered, get into that bad habit early on and its hard to shake

On a similar note you always see goalkeepers leaving their area when kicking out of hand. Randolph was guilty several times last night.

.....and whatever happened to the offence known as “obstruction”?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is there a rule anymore? The amount of foul throws in games is ridiculous
    It's advantageous to take a foul throw in a lot of instances so they don't bother. Why it's never picked up, I don't know. It really irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    .....and whatever happened to the offence known as “obstruction”?
    I've often wondered about this.
    Seems to happen many times per game, never gets punished (indirect FK, wasn't it? so long since I've seen the offence punished, I can't remember)

I think the worst point of throws is when then are taken 20 yards up the pitch from where the ball went out of play...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I think the worst point of throws is when then are taken 20 yards up the pitch from where the ball went out of play...
    There was one last night when Matt Doherty took it from at least 20 yards. It sounds like I'm singling him out but I'm sure he wasn't the only one! It went out two "pitch squares" away from where it stopped, he picked it up and then walked forward another "square".