+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 2 FULHAM. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 2 FULHAM. Match thread

Although Ralls will be a huge miss and I'm a fan of his, I do think it could be a blessing in disguise that he's suspended for this one. I feel we need to play a 3 in midfield against Fulham, and i might suggest that having our only natural 6 back in the side for this one will be a benefit (although i remain Gunnarsceptic). This will also allow a fully up to speed Camarasa to play centrally - I'm certainly looking forward to see him put Cairney and co on their arses.

The fulham back 4 have been a shambles conceding the most goals per game out of any team in the top 5 leagues of europe. It's a tough call up front, as I'm going 4-3-3 I think I'd go with Ward, he thrived against a similar style Arsenal back 4, but wouldn't be opposed to put Paterson on Odoi and Mawson - both have been brushed appart by lesser physically imposing players (which in itself could be a case for Ward) - lets not forget Paterson knows where the
    net is too.

I'd go:

Etheridge

Manga
    Bamba
    Morrie
    Bennett

Cama
    Gunnar
    Arter

Hoillett (for work rate)
    Ward
    Murphy

Subs: Smithies, Old Greg, Jazz, Paterson, Reid, Kadeem, Zohore.

Re: Team for Fulham

Other than swapping ward for reid I think this formation is OK. I think reid would have done well against Burnley.

Fulham have been playing Denis Odoi at centre back, I would be surprised to see Paterson not in the side.

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    Bennett

Camarasa
    Gunnarsson
    Arter
    Murphy

Paterson
    Reid

Please and thank you Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    Bennett

Camarasa
    Gunnarsson
    Arter
    Murphy

Paterson
    Reid

Please and thank you Neil.
    This

However Neil will through blind loyalty stick with Bamba - Mitrovic will be too much for Sol in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This

However Neil will through blind loyalty stick with Bamba - Mitrovic will be too much for Sol in my opinion
    Need to smother the supply ,or just go for them up front ,with pace ,which we have , this is big game like the Burnley one for both sides ,woudl be nice for a bit of luck to go away as well .

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This

You want to play Cunningham at centre back to counter Mitrovic when he got beaten in the air by Gudmundsson?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You want to play Cunningham at centre back to counter Mitrovic when he got beaten in the air by Gudmundsson?
    Just have Morrison cover him the entire of the game ? Sol's cons at this level far, far, far outweigh his pros. My dog could pass a ball better than him, and he knows when to stay put too.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Just have Morrison cover him the entire of the game ? Sol's cons at this level far, far, far outweigh his pros. My dog could pass a ball better than him, and he knows when to stay put too.
    That won't work but if that was the case, Morrison could follow Mitrovic around and would remove your logic. If you want to drop Bamba, shift Manga inside and play Jazz at full back.

8 games in and I don't think any of us can name our best forward partnership - the sign of trouble.

Change out Etheridge. When we’re under siege it’s painful watch him give the ball straight back to the other team.

Warnock needs to get him tested for colour blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Change out Etheridge. When we’re under siege it’s painful watch him give the ball straight back to the other team.

Would do you expect him to do? Hit 60 yard passes like Paul scholes?

In fairness to Etheridge, he's only playing to orders.

He wasn't great against Burnley granted but he was let down by those immediately in front of him.

BTW, not sure I've ever heard the phrase "change out".
    Is it an Americanism?

Really got another bad feeling about this game. To be honest would take a draw nowould. That little squirt Sessignon always seems to score and with Mitrovic there too, I can't see us holding out for long. On the plus side we will probably score so that brings me to the team.
    We need Gunnar back as holding player, but we also need our wingers to press hIgh. It seems crazy but our full back turned centre forward, Paterson is the one I am looking to score.
    Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrie
    Bennett
    Gunnar
    Camarasa
    Arter
    Junior
    Murphy
    Paterson

Could we not look to invert our 3 in centre midfield and, instead of having 2 more holding players, have 1 with two more attacking midfielders in front, a sort of 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-3? Reid will put in a shift and isn't afraid of getting stuck in. Hoilett and Murphy could rotate. Reid, Hoilett and Murphy will support Paterson, who is better in the air than Zohore or Ward. It's a side that should keep possession a little better than if we brought back Gunnarsson, plus we should be thinking more about taking the game to a Fulham defence, which is worse than ours.

Etheridge
    Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett
    Arter
    Camarasa Reid
    Hoilett Paterson Murphy

CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM. Match thread

Referee: Kevin Friend
    Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Derek Eaton
    Fourth official: Andy Davies

Feel good factor back with Wales. Can Cardiff find a way of winning on Saturday.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Could we not look to invert our 3 in centre midfield and, instead of having 2 more holding players, have 1 with two more attacking midfielders in front, a sort of 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-3? Reid will put in a shift and isn't afraid of getting stuck in. Hoilett and Murphy could rotate. Reid, Hoilett and Murphy will support Paterson, who is better in the air than Zohore or Ward. It's a side that should keep possession a little better than if we brought back Gunnarsson, plus we should be thinking more about taking the game to a Fulham defence, which is worse than ours.

Etheridge
    Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett
    Arter
    Camarasa Reid
    Hoilett Paterson Murphy
    Same back five but ahead of that I’d go

Arter

Camarasa. Reid. Murphy

Paterson

Zohore

No room for Hoilett for me at the moment. Play Paterson as a 10 to link up Zohore and wise guys with flicks as I’m sure we’ll play it aerially if he starts

Etheridge

Bennett
    Morrison
    Manga
    Jazz Richards

Camarrsa
    Arter

Murphy
    Reid
    Hoilett

Zohore/Patterson/Ward.

Play a traditional RB.
    Manga has done well enough to secure his place for this game.
    Most important game of the season so not dropping Gunnarson into it for first game back at this level.
    Reid most suitable to play the Siggurdson role? Fulham had a defensive weakness in the Everton game and game previous from number 10 position.
    Who knows what our best CF is.

As far as I'm concerned must win game. We've got to start soon or we are going down.

Etheridge

Richards
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bennett

Arter
    Gunnarsson
    Camarasa

Reid
    Ward
    Murphy

Gunnarsson is a risk we're going to have to take

Cairney still out..big miss for Fulham

4141 for me

Etheridge
    Jazz Manga Morrison Bennett
    Arter
    Hoilett Camarasa Reid Murphy
    Paterson

With Arter on 4 bookings I'd expect to see both Damour and Gunnarson on the bench, as both could end up featuring at Anfield if Arter gets a booking today.

What do you mean "if"?

Is Ward out? If so

Etheridge

Richards
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bennett

Arter
    Gunnarsson
    Camarasa