+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 2 FULHAM. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 2 FULHAM. Match thread

Stick that result and performance up your pipes, you Warnock hating, moaning/whinging s**ds on this board.

People said Fulham needed a new defence in the summer but all they bought was a Swansea CB. They can't be surprised they're this leaky.

Shows how close it is at the bottom that after 1 win we're not only off the bottom but out of the relegation zone entirely.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I thought Bamba was unbelievable today. The amount of times he saw the danger and snuffed it out was in double figures. Gunnar showed how important he can be. Paterson was really effective and did everything right.

So many positives today and if anything it shows that money can't buy you kind of passion and togetherness that we have. Warnock proves them wrong.
    Bamba has plenty of short comings but he reads the game very well. I also noticed the number of times he stepped in and nicked the ball today. It is a really difficult skill to master.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Stick that result and performance up your pipes, you Warnock hating, moaning/whinging s**ds on this board.
    F’ck off DML, no one hates Warnock on this board

Ooooooooo not allowed to criticise anyone or anything are we ? Gimp.

you really are an idiot

Result and performance? What happened? I was too busy enjoying the ride. It's a bonus you know. No one thought we would even get here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've heard it a few times this season. How did it happen? Do they display the words on a screen or something?
    There's a corner of the Canton (grandstand end) that sings it and I guess others have picked it up.

Patterson with a cheeky hattrick today. Twice he put the ball in the net at the Canton end after the ref had blown for foul/goal-kick. He might be a striker after all.

Bobby Reid was absolutely fantastic. He was last defender in our box at one point, composed goal-scorer a few minutes later and then an engine of a train to help secure the three points.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What a result!!!!!

Patterson MOM, Gunnarsson close considering he hasn't played for donkeys.

Was good to see Camarasa, Reid and Murphy on the pitch together. I think that's the best 11 we've started with all season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Result and performance? What happened? I was too busy enjoying the ride. It's a bonus you know. No one thought we would even get here.
    4-2 City. 100% effort all round. Gunnarson made the difference in midfield.
    0-1😐
    1-1😁
    2-1😁😁
    2-2😐
    3-2😁😁😁
    4-2 😁😁😁😁
    Superb support. One of those days when you know why you support the City come rain or shine.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    4-2 City. 100% effort all round. Gunnarson made the difference in midfield.
    0-1
    1-1
    2-1
    2-2
    3-2
    4-2 
    Superb support. One of those days when you know why you support the City come rain or shine.
    At one stage the support from our fans got to a noise level I can't recall having heard before in that stadium. Almost every part of the ground was joining in. I also agree it is great to hear Men of Harlech sung with words - really able to get behind it then...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    At one stage the support from our fans got to a noise level I can't recall having heard before in that stadium. Almost every part of the ground was joining in. I also agree it is great to hear Men of Harlech sung with words - really able to get behind it then...
    I actually wondered if it was a bit louder than our last day in the Championship.

Well done Bluebirds. I shall watch MOTD for the first time this season

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Well done Bluebirds. I shall watch MOTD for the first time this season
    Cheers Pearcey! Good win for Reading today too!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    There was one West Ham fan on twitter giving it large before the game about us being in the English Premier League (despite it never being the English league) and called CCS souless. Can you imagine? This Legoland stadium of ours is becoming one of the really good European football stadiums because of days like this. Great to see all stands joining in and making a heck of a racket.

A West Ham fan called the CCS soulless.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant atmosphere again today.

As for soulless grounds AFC London wins that award. West Ham FC died and became a day out for tourists.

Fair pay to Schurlle for his goal today. What a scremer

The fans sounded incredible on MOTD, gutted I wasn't there

Flew over for the game with the family. My son and daughter brought their Canadian partners with them so 8 of us in total. Could only get 8 seats together in the red seats but a great view from there.

The Canadians both said that they had never heard a sporting atmosphere anything like it and totally loved it.

They also asked why the Fulham fans had a separate part of the ground 😂.

Great day. It was only my second love game watching us in the Premier League. The other I flew back for was Swansea last time around.

I must be one of a small number of fans that has been to more than 1 game in the PL and seen us win each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A West Ham fan called the CCS soulless.��������������������

Brilliant atmosphere again today.

As for soulless grounds AFC London wins that award. West Ham FC died and became a day out for tourists.
    The CCS was rocking yesterday - all round amazing atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The fans sounded incredible on MOTD, gutted I wasn't there
    It was INCREDIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Flew over for the game with the family. My son and daughter brought their Canadian partners with them so 8 of us in total. Could only get 8 seats together in the red seats but a great view from there.

The Canadians both said that they had never heard a sporting atmosphere anything like it and totally loved it.

They also asked why the Fulham fans had a separate part of the ground 😂.

Great day. It was only my second love game watching us in the Premier League. The other I flew back for was Swansea last time around.

I must be one of a small number of fans that has been to more than 1 game in the PL and seen us win each time.
    Nice one

With an omen like this, why not cut and paste this message into a letter to Vincent Tan, he might foot the bill for a few more visits.

Similar Bluetit, he might also buy a few pairs of new 'bunties'

You can't help but love Callum Paterson.

Signed as a defender, scored goals in the Championship as a midfielder and now a Premier League striker with a goal to his name.

Paterson turned to scored City's third, a goal that put the Bluebirds in front and paved the way to a 4 - 2 win with Kadeem Harris compleing the scoring.

C:WindowsTempphp6C13.tmp 

Cardiff earned their first win of the season in an open game against a Fulham side that despite spending over £100m have the worst defensive record in Europe.

Andre Shurrle smacked home the opening goal from 30 yards, Josh Murphy expolited poor Fulham defending to level, Bobby Reid reacted quickest to punish further Fulham defensive fragility before Ryan Sessegnon scored his obligatory goal against the Bluebirds.

But after the break, despite continuing to battle 11 Fulham players and the referee, Cardiff kept the game open and were rewarded when Paterson put the Bluebirds 3 - 2 up. Neil Etheridge produced a stunning save and then the final act saw Kadeem Harris blast another Cardiff goal to complete the victory.

City win, and climb out of the bottom three. A great day, a winning day.

Next week it's Liverpool, at Anfield. Could City shock the unbeaten Scousers? Their fans are not convinced they are all that despite not losing a Premier League game so far this campaign. Don't bet against Paterson being involved in another game changing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

They also asked why the Fulham fans had a separate part of the ground ��.

Brilliant. Glad it all worked out.

One of the more entertaining matches I've seen for quite some time. The boys should be proud, as should the fans, and NW... complete club effort yesterday to get the 3 points. Proud.

ps, Fulham are arse.