I reckon anything less than us tripling our current points total by the time the next international break comes around will mean we are virtual certainties for relegation and a possible lowest points ever record. Reading the comments section of that article, I was interested by what people had to say about Burnley - for me, they were very, very ordinary against us (I'll be surprised if we see a worse visiting team in the Premier League at Cardiff City Stadium this season) and yet, albeit luckily, they still beat us.

One other thing, if the plan is to budget for a probable return to the Championship this season and then try and build a stronger team for the second tier than the one we had last season, then consideration must surely be given as to whether Neil Warnock would be the best man to have in charge. For all that he talks about our small budget, the truth is that City have spent around £35 million in transfer fees in 2018 with very little transfer revenue coming in to try and balance the books. We paid that money for just five players and the truth is that, in a team with two points from eight matches, only one of them (Josh Murphy) can be termed a near certainty in what is regarded as our strongest side - I'd say that it's definitely true that Neil Warnock's best transfer dealings at Cardiff have come in the free transfer or Bosman market, he's been nowhere near as impressive when he's had money to spend.