+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blakey's bootroom today - Warnock interview.

Blakey's bootroom today - Warnock interview.

Can't see a thread for it, which is surprising.

Warnock interview. Very interesting.

It was particularly interesting when he talks about the transfers and investment.

https://www.acast.com/blakeysbootroo...rnockinterview

Re: Blakey's bootroom today - Warnock interview.

Would you (or anyone else) mind summarising what was said regarding transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    8 mins to go and don't think it's anything new apart from the following:

- mistakes made that weren't being made last year and they get punished at a higher level, disappointed in forwards
    - U23's don't count to 25 man squad so bigger clubs have full internationals through a 30 man squad and we have 17/18 who can compete.

Walesonline do like to take one interview and split it into 3/4 articles. Think this might have been the original interview.

Points of interest really:

- we may do cash and player to get right individuals in during the Winter window.
    - Warnock knows his strength is motivation of players and keeping a united front. He was quiet about tactical set-up apart from saying some of those who are critical get information second hand and perhaps haven't seen the game themselves.

Think he knows that we might be in bottom 3 at Christmas and knows one big attraction of this club is the fans support so far. If he can keep that going with interviews like this then we might be able to attract a couple of players who wouldn't turn up for fragmented club and thus win survival. We have certainly improved tenfold since he first joined 2 years ago and they are putting in key blocks for future improvements.

He said that they missed out on a striker and left it too late to get their midfielders in. I think it was interesting in the sense that they have the money to spend but it was a case of being overly cautious due to pressure from above (avoid another conrelius) or a lack of preparation .... at least he seemed to be saying that in the championship you have another month to get stuff done. Not so in the prem.

He also said that we are going to get three in in january.

It seems like it is, or could be, too little too late.

Also was interesting that he says we are a better team than Newcastle, Huddersfield and Burnley. I wonder whether this is the type of optimism that made him say that Samba and Morrison are better than any PL centre backs. I feel he might be trying to wish it true sometimes, but at the same time I feel a bit more confident about the Fulham match with the positivity he has. Can only be a good thing for the players if they believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He said that they missed out on a striker and left it too late to get their midfielders in. I think it was interesting in the sense that they have the money to spend but it was a case of being overly cautious due to pressure from above (avoid another conrelius) or a lack of preparation .... at least he seemed to be saying that in the championship you have another month to get stuff done. Not so in the prem.

Also was interesting that he says we are a better team than Newcastle, Huddersfield and Burnley. I wonder whether this is the type of optimism that made him say that Samba and Morrison are better than any PL centre backs. I feel he might be trying to wish it true sometimes, but at the same time I feel a bit more confident about the Fulham match with the positivity he has. Can only be a good thing for the players if they believe him.
    At the same time I wouldn't say any of those three on the day were particularly better. Overall play anyway, I mean Burnley were clearly the more clinical.

It feels like we have been close a few times, an error here or there letting us down. Maybe a bit of luck if you believe that sort of thing.

On the other hand we also haven't grasped the opportunities we have been given.

And yet we couldn't beat any of the three sides we're supposed to be better than despite having a man advantage for the last third of the match in two of them and having twenty goal attempts to three in the other one. To be fair, we could easily have won all three of the matches, but nearly all of the other sides in this league would have found a way to get nine points in the same circumstances and we got seven less than that.

Blake should have asked if he could play instead of Zahore.

Just same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Blake should have asked if he could play instead of Zahore.
    It’s Bloke👍