+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nathan Blake is so right.............................

Re: Nathan Blake is so right.............................

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Were you in nappies in 1962? That’s when I started 👍 if it’s all about winning, how come you’re hanging around watching the City? 56 years me & still waiting to see a City side consistently winning 😂😂😂😂
    I'm happy when City are competitive. I'm not when they're not. I'm not the happy clapper type to just be happy because they're in the premier league. For me that's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I'm happy when City are competitive. I'm not when they're not. I'm not the happy clapper type to just be happy because they're in the premier league. For me that's weak.
    Of course football is about winning Simon but in this league we haven’t got a hope in hell (at the moment) of winning more than we lose. The aim I suppose is to finish 4th from bottom at the rate we’re going, I would imagine that would satisfy the majority of City fans, it would me, but it would still mean we’d have lost a lot more than we’d won. Would it be acceptable to you? Or would you still be down because of the win/lose ratio? I’m not happy getting beat regularly despite having a go but, unfortunately, that’s the nature of the beast that is the Premier League for clubs of our stature. It’s been that way for us every season we’ve reached the top flight bar the early & mid 1920s😢

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Paterson scored 10 goals from midfield last season, so he is not just there to provide 'flick ons' for the main striker. Reid has made 8 appearances this season, some from the bench obviously, but has hardly looked convincing in front of goal. Its also not Warnocks fault that Ward, Zohore, Murphy and Hoilett have also all missed clear cut chances in front of goal this season so far. Warnock is searching for a combination up front that works because of all this and we are only 8 games in. Stoke City relied heavily in the Prem on a full back putting long throws into the box for years and it didn't seem to do them any harm, so it is a useful tactic to have at any level, especially when we have to rely on set pieces due to the main strikers missing chances from open play. We have been competitive in all games except Man City and are unlucky not to have at least another 3 or 4 points on the board. We have played some good football as well. Warnock will get it right but needs forward players to step up now. Its 'embarrassing' that some fans seem incapable of enjoying a season in the Premier League that none of us thought was possible at the beginning of last season.
    What's embarrassing is that we have fans that don't care whether we win or lose just because we're up with the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What's embarrassing is that we have fans that don't care whether we win or lose just because we're up with the big boys.
    Not so much embarrassing as annoying that our game has been hijacked by the so called elite. The few at the top are light years ahead of the majority of the division. Hard not to be of the mindset to just accept defeat before a ball is kicked, they’ve moved even further away since the last time we were up. Saying all that it’s only Man City in my opinion who’ve absolutely destroyed us. Even at Stamford Bridge we were in it until the 79th minute, in fact Reid had just put one just past the post to bring it to 2-2. A win tomorrow could change things, a bit more belief, a bit more confidence, we need to fly out of the blocks against the division’s weakest defence. Three points at Anfield then, this messageboard will be buzzing a week Sunday 👍👍

Of course football is about winning Simon but in this league we haven’t got a hope in hell (at the moment) of winning more than we lose. The aim I suppose is to finish 4th from bottom at the rate we’re going, I would imagine that would satisfy the majority of City fans, it would me, but it would still mean we’d have lost a lot more than we’d won. Would it be acceptable to you? Or would you still be down because of the win/lose ratio? I’m not happy getting beat regularly despite having a go but, unfortunately, that’s the nature of the beast that is the Premier League for clubs of our stature. It’s been that way for us every season we’ve reached the top flight bar the early & mid 1920s😢
    I'd be ecstatic with 17th but the issue I have at the moment is we don't even look like putting a fight up for that. I hope the team show some fight soon.

I'd be ecstatic with 17th but the issue I have at the moment is we don't even look like putting a fight up for that. I hope the team show some fight soon.
    All about opinions but I reckon it’s only Man City where we more or less threw the towel in. We had a go against Arsenal, Huddersfield, Reid’s effort after Patterson’s pass trickled the wrong side of the post, Morrison should have put his header away though, Etheridge certainly didn’t give up against Newcastle, Bournemouth we were beaten by a better side, we took Chelsea close until Bamba’s rash challenge & Spurs could have been a disaster after the early goal but wasn’t. Burnley was a sickener. We need a break, a rub of the green, something to go for us, let’s hope it’s tomorrow 👍

Perhaps our right backs should be ashamed too.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed on quality but I enjoyed it. After Bournembouth it was good to see us all over a team and we were unlucky not to win (lack of cutting edge, as has become the theme of the season so far)

Ultimately all I'm saying is we're not getting smashed every week and, even if it is nicer going into games confident we'll win, I'm still enjoying most of this season so far. If we're on the same amount of points in January that might well have changed but whilst we're still in the hunt I'm going into games hoping we can get something out of them. If we beat Fulham tomorrow everything looks different.
    Despite our position, it’s still possible to look forward to today’s game hoping we can get a win and move above Fulham. Or hoping we can somehow find a set-up that makes us more competitive and gives ourselves a chance. Obviously the longer it goes without a win on the harder it gets.

But at this stage, I don’t think getting some enjoyment, despite our struggle, makes anybody weak, a happy-clapper or just somebody typing crap.

Not so much embarrassing as annoying that our game has been hijacked by the so called elite. The few at the top are light years ahead of the majority of the division. Hard not to be of the mindset to just accept defeat before a ball is kicked, they’ve moved even further away since the last time we were up. Saying all that it’s only Man City in my opinion who’ve absolutely destroyed us. Even at Stamford Bridge we were in it until the 79th minute, in fact Reid had just put one just past the post to bring it to 2-2. A win tomorrow could change things, a bit more belief, a bit more confidence, we need to fly out of the blocks against the division’s weakest defence. Three points at Anfield then, this messageboard will be buzzing a week Sunday 👍👍
    THIS. Some of you seem to think we're getting battered 5-0 every week. We lost away 1-0 against Spurs with 10 men for a period last game out, and we had a couple of chances to equalise. Does that not count as being competitive then?