+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C’mon Ken Bruce🙏

C’mon Ken Bruce🙏

This Sara Cox is shite!!!!!

Re: C’mon Ken Bruce🙏

Could be worse it could be craig Charles

Just be thankful its not Chris Evans any more.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Could be worse it could be craig Charles
    At least there’s none of that ‘Serious Jockin’ this afternoon, Steve Wright can shove that section right up his arse!!!

Could be worse. Could be zoe ball (lifelong wannabe rockchick)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At least there’s none of that ‘Serious Jockin’ this afternoon, Steve Wright can shove that section right up his arse!!!
    Oh Jesus....The bloke is full of himself. 'The Big Show' indeed.

I actually like Craig Charles. His Funk & Soil show on 6 Music is good.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Oh Jesus....The bloke is full of himself. 'The Big Show' indeed.

I actually like Craig Charles. His Funk & Soil show on 6 Music is good.
    Is Terry Walton on that as well?

See I like Steve Wright. He's never taken himself too seriously and the section he does with Tim Smith and the bird on trivia is always worth a giggle.
    Always remember first seeing him on TOTP, weedy looking guy in his tank top, the kind of guy you couldn't really dislike.
    He usually plays decent tune too.

Craig Charles is okay but Jeremy Vine gets on my nerves.
    Terry Walton (in answer to above), the Welsh Gardener, is a welcome relief from Vine's dulcit tones.

I also like(d) the piss take of Vine on Steve Wright's show, it's wearing a bit thin now tho.

I quite like Sara Cox. I can't wait for Evans to finish. I feel I know more about his family than I know about my own.
    Soon we'll be having 'Christmas this' and 'Christmas that' as soon as Evans is back.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I quite like Sara Cox. I can't wait for Evans to finish. I feel I know more about his family than I know about my own.
    Soon we'll be having 'Christmas this' and 'Christmas that' as soon as Evans is back.
    One of the reasons I haven't listened to CE for years.
    Okay you love your kids, we get it!

Forgot about Simon Mayo's Muppets track on a Friday too

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One of the reasons I haven't listened to CE for years.
    Okay you love your kids, we get it!

Forgot about Simon Mayo's Muppets track on a Friday too
    I’d have preferred Mayo to get the morning show but he does need to bin the Muppet shite.

Ken Bruce is a top banana dj and one of the few that doesn’t talk over records. I hate Steve Wright with a passion. He is worse than Evans for talking over records.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ken Bruce is a top banana dj and one of the few that doesn’t talk over records. I hate Steve Wright with a passion. He is worse than Evans for talking over records.
    Ken always names the artist after a track’s been played, Steve Wright, who I used to like but now grates on me, actually joins in frequently for the last few lines, infuriating!!! Still a Radio 2 man but I’m being tested !!!!!!

Ken always names the artist after a track’s been played, Steve Wright, who I used to like but now grates on me, actually joins in frequently for the last few lines, infuriating!!! Still a Radio 2 man but I’m being tested !!!!!!
    Yep good point about Bruce confirming the artist. I do a lot of driving with my job and try and time it so that I can hear Popmaster. Bruce is great.

Yep good point about Bruce confirming the artist. I do a lot of driving with my job and try and time it so that I can hear Popmaster. Bruce is great.
    Popmaster really is an institution, it seems as though working folk are organising their life around it. I was always a 10am break man but, even though I’ve got the wireless on while working, over the last few years I stop at half 10 so I can listen properly. Do you recall ‘Pop the Question’ on Johnny Walker’s dinner time show on Radio 1 many moons ago? That was excellent in its day. I don’t mind Jeremy Vine either, some topics are very interesting but he is so out of touch with the common man himself that it’s quite amusing on times. There was one about domestic abuse a while ago and the caller was saying how her partner came to her work to confront her, Vine, showing his naivety, says ‘What! He actually came to your office?’, she replies ‘Office?? Nah, I was working down the bingo’. I thought it was funny anyway😂

Popmaster really is an institution, it seems as though working folk are organising their life around it. I was always a 10am break man but, even though I’ve got the wireless on while working, over the last few years I stop at half 10 so I can listen properly. Do you recall ‘Pop the Question’ on Johnny Walker’s dinner time show on Radio 1 many moons ago? That was excellent in its day. I don’t mind Jeremy Vine either, some topics are very interesting but he is so out of touch with the common man himself that it’s quite amusing on times. There was one about domestic abuse a while ago and the caller was saying how her partner came to her work to confront her, Vine, showing his naivety, says ‘What! He actually came to your office?’, she replies ‘Office?? Nah, I was working down the bingo’. I thought it was funny anyway��
    Never listened to Johnny Walker. No reason why as he always came across as decent. I find Vine hit or miss. Some of the questions he asks are incredibly naive.

Yep i used to like him but now

Never listened to Johnny Walker. No reason why as he always came across as decent. I find Vine hit or miss. Some of the questions he asks are incredibly naive.
    Johnny Walker’s Saturday morning show ‘Sound of the Sixties’ was a must for me, I loved it. I loved my Saturday morning schedule, Sound of the Sixties (Radio 2), then Radio 5 for Danny Baker & then Fighting Talk.

What are you all on about ? has Ken Bruce retired?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...C-Radio-2.html

I can handle a DJ speaking over a song. Wright likes to sing along!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    What are you all on about ? has Ken Bruce retired?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...C-Radio-2.html
    That’s a few years ago😂😂

Just noticed that Simon Mayo has siad enough is enough and jacked it in at Radio 2. There really is a mentality there of if it's not broke then break it. Making him double up with Joe Wiley was never going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Just noticed that Simon Mayo has siad enough is enough and jacked it in at Radio 2. There really is a mentality there of if it's not broke then break it. Making him double up with Joe Wiley was never going to work.
    Simon Mayo is 60

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Simon Mayo is 60
    I read today that Neil Tennant is 64!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    He's actually defended her following apparent abuse on Twitter regarding the show but it may well have been a tactical move by the Beeb.

I do think things can get a bit stale and that Muppets tune is just one thing that may have urged them to freshen things up.

Haven't heard him for any great length of time for a while but the other fella on there with him just seems to laugh all the time which I found irritating.
    It actually may have done him a favour actually.

He'll do okay out of it no doubt and find something else.