+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock

Warnock

Fair play, his comments this morning regarding the Fulham strikers and not betting on us to stay up are just another in a long line of woe be me comments NW has made. We all get it Neil, we’re garbage, our chances of staying up are slim, we’re out of our depth both on and off the pitch... but you don’t have to go on about it like a preacher. Personally I’ve tried to enjoy and look for positives in the games so far, apart from Man City which was just dire. Warnock however is just sucking the fun out of it, any belief of us staying up he is determined to remove just so he doesn’t look too bad come his removal or our potential relegation if he is still at the helm. He’s great when we’re winning, but someone at the club needs to tell him to shut up, the comments are literally helping no one and just let the media have their bi weekly laugh at him. Hope he stays and I hope to god we win tomorrow, but Christ he is taking the biscuit at the moment with his rhetoric.

Re: Warnock

He’s starting to annoy me with this type of crap.

I think people select the bits from his interviews that they want to hear to confirm their existing opinions.

What I heard was:

1. The team has only been taken apart once - by Man City - and in every other game we have been in it.

2. With a little more luck and that extra 1% (the very fine margins) we could easily be sitting on 7/8 points now.

3. He would not bet on us to stay up this season - but neither would he have bet on us to get promoted last season!

Warnock has always played down expectations, taken pressure of his own players (though he has rightly left a bit on Ken) and given out plenty of folksy schtick about the club and the fans. It doesn’t bother me - I’m not overly taken by it but I’m not irritated either. He does it well, and without thinking. But I don’t think he’s overdoing the negatives - not yet anyway.

He gets more like Russell Slade every week

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair play, his comments this morning regarding the Fulham strikers and not betting on us to stay up are just another in a long line of woe be me comments NW has made. We all get it Neil, we’re garbage, our chances of staying up are slim, we’re out of our depth both on and off the pitch... but you don’t have to go on about it like a preacher. Personally I’ve tried to enjoy and look for positives in the games so far, apart from Man City which was just dire. Warnock however is just sucking the fun out of it, any belief of us staying up he is determined to remove just so he doesn’t look too bad come his removal or our potential relegation if he is still at the helm. He’s great when we’re winning, but someone at the club needs to tell him to shut up, the comments are literally helping no one and just let the media have their bi weekly laugh at him. Hope he stays and I hope to god we win tomorrow, but Christ he is taking the biscuit at the moment with his rhetoric.
    Agree. We get it, he doesn't have to read out the terms of his insurance policy on a weekly basis. In my opinion he needs to be more adventurous and have more belief in his players. If he really believed that we didn't have a chance of staying up, then he'd be throwing punches like a boxer looking for a knockout in the 12th round. He doesn't really believe it, and saying that his product is going to fail is very defeatist, would you do a job where you had no chance of success? I wouldn't.

We really need to become more positive at home, and more faith should be placed with the players. We are so conservative, half hearted attacks with midfielders sitting in, junior hoilett has stopped trying to go past players, Ken might as well collect the water bottles as he seems devoid of any confidence, Morrison panicking and making poor decisions, what the hell is going on? As fans, we've got to stop believing that we are crap, the players need to start expressing themselves and not play with fear, and Warnock needs to implement a more positive attack minded style of play at home that may see us get that vital win-Confidence-but he has to take risks. I can't say that one player has stood out for us so far, that's a disgrace and it tells me that there is little self belief. Time for Warnock and his staff to implement a quicker more positive style of play, starting tomorrow, i'm convinced that if we play a higher line and release midfielders, then we will get a result.

Great comment.

I'd also like to hear some noise from all the other stands other than the Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Great comment.

I'd also like to hear some noise from all the other stands other than the Canton.
    It's pissing me off, we're to nice. I'm not saying that we should play dirty, but more intensity? most definitely. It's like the club and players have accepted their fate, absolutely nothing positive about this season so far apart from the cash, and it seems that plenty of fans are sucking up the 'enjoy the ride' rhetoric that's being banded about-**** that, it's an insult and patronising. We've got 30,000 fans turning up and making some good noise, it would be even better if we made a real effort to win a game. It's time for things to change, players need to take some responsibility and start playing without fear, Not one of them is performing, there's way to much reluctance and I can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Russell Slade has printed this off and pinned it up above his bed !!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Russell Slade has printed this off and pinned it up above his bed !!
    30% career win rate is not to be scoffed at

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You must have read the transcript of a different interview to me. It was generally positive and motivational. Some people are also having trouble differentiating between when he says something 'tongue in cheek' and when he is being serious. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows what he is doing and has built his reputation on getting the best out of players that some people have written off and forging an excellent team spirit wherever he goes. I note that he also said today that 'not when you meet some fans - they are not the full shilling but the fans here are generallynot like that'. Made me laugh anyway.

30% career win rate is not to be scoffed at
    Neil Warnocks career win rate is 40.5%, which is to be scoffed at even less but doesnt stop people doing it on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Neil Warnocks career win rate is 40.5%, which is to be scoffed at even less but doesnt stop people doing it on a regular basis.
    I was taking about Russell Slade you fool

I read it as trying to present a challenge to the playerx like , KZ , and say how little he's been given to deliver .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I read it as trying to present a challenge to the playerx like , KZ , and say how little he's been given to deliver .
    He should his name to Phil Connors. This woe is me patter is getting very much like Groundhog Day.

His Friday interviews will mainly consist of blowing smoke up the oppositions arse, letting everyone know we havent got a cat in hells chance of staying up, and of course telling the fans how brilliant they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's pissing me off, we're to nice. I'm not saying that we should play dirty, but more intensity? most definitely. It's like the club and players have accepted their fate, absolutely nothing positive about this season so far apart from the cash, and it seems that plenty of fans are sucking up the 'enjoy the ride' rhetoric that's being banded about-**** that, it's an insult and patronising. We've got 30,000 fans turning up and making some good noise, it would be even better if we made a real effort to win a game. It's time for things to change, players need to take some responsibility and start playing without fear, Not one of them is performing, there's way to much reluctance and I can't understand why.
    I have seen plenty of effort from our players this season and a lot of good play. We have changed our style as well and are playing much fewer long balls and more quick, direct attacking play. To say that 'not one of them performing' is totally wrong as well - Etheridge, Bennett, Manga, Arter, Ralls, Camarasa, Murphy and Ward have all been consistently good. The reason that we dont have more points on the board is simply that we have missed clear cut chances. How you can say there has been nothing positive about the season so far is ridiculous - makes me wonder if you ever go to games or just like complaining.

I know, you fool. You were comparing Warnock to Slade. You should read your own earlier posts back before you make comment on other peoples replies.

I know, you fool. You were comparing Warnock to Slade. You should read your own earlier posts back before you make comment on other peoples replies.
    I was comparing his interview technique to Slade. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have seen plenty of effort from our players this season and a lot of good play. We have changed our style as well and are playing much fewer long balls and more quick, direct attacking play. To say that 'not one of them performing' is totally wrong as well - Etheridge, Bennett, Manga, Arter, Ralls, Camarasa, Murphy and Ward have all been consistently good. The reason that we dont have more points on the board is simply that we have missed clear cut chances. How you can say there has been nothing positive about the season so far is ridiculous - makes me wonder if you ever go to games or just like complaining.
    Missing chances are part and parcel of the game. Teams have missed plenty of clear cut chances against us. Newcastle missed a penalty which would / should have given us 1 less point.

Russell Slade won games.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Russell Slade won games.
    Neil Warnock saved us from relegation & the next season got us promoted in the same division as Slade, he won a few as well👍

I think he differs to Slade in that Slade was stepping up and we wanted to see him show that he was ready, part of that being through the media.

Warnock has been there and done that, and we know his methods work. His messages are repetitive but it's about bringing the team to the first whistle believing they can perform and creating a united front from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think he differs to Slade in that Slade was stepping up and we wanted to see him show that he was ready, part of that being through the media.

Warnock has been there and done that, and we know his methods work. His messages are repetitive but it's about bringing the team to the first whistle believing they can perform and creating a united front from the fans.
    How does his methods work? I’m still puzzled.
    Slade was easy. He didn’t have a method.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    How does his methods work? I’m still puzzled.
    Slade was easy. He didn’t have a method.
    I'm pretty sure we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas. If we look at last year's relegated teams though:

Swansea didn't have a good enough squad as a whole.
    Stoke didn't have enough squad and for large parts of the season had no fight.
    West Bromwich had a good enough sqaud but fans turned on the team for large parts of the season and managerial switching lead to disjointed year.

I can take going down like Swansea did last year but couldn't stand going down like Stoke or West Bromwich.

However, what we have had this year is incredible fan support. If we can keep that going til the Winter window then players will want to join us that otherwise wouldn't have and we have a better chance of staying up.