Thread: First Win?

First Win?

Will it be today?

Discuss......

Re: First Win?

Hope so
    Javelin

We won't have a better chance of winning a game all season than we did against Burnley, but, by the same token, if, Fulham defend like they did against Arsenal, we'll have a great chance today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We won't have a better chance of winning a game all season than we did against Burnley, but, by the same token, if, Fulham defend like they did against Arsenal, we'll have a great chance today.
    The Fulham defence is currently very poor.
    Cardiff’s attack is currently very poor.
    I take no pleasure is saying this but my feeling is we will lose 2-1
    Not sure who we can beat these days.

You’re having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You’re having a laugh.
    the effect of SgorioFruit

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really?

Burnley had just beaten Bournemouth 4-0 and we had just lost to Man City 5-0.

I think the performance and result against Burnley was quite acceptable.

We had a better chance against Newcastle, but for those first three early games we were nervous and apprehensive as new guys in the league. We have performed much better since, but against higher quality opposition.

There should be no pressure from us fans, to expect a win tomorrow. Every game throws up a different challenge and no team will roll over and let us win.

All we can do is perform well, maintain concentration for game's duration, cut out the silly but important mistakes and be more ruthless when we get chances. Big asks, but that's the name of the game.

Let's get behind our team, no matter what happens, because they won't want to perform poorly and will want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Really?

Burnley had just beaten Bournemouth 4-0 and we had just lost to Man City 5-0.

I think the performance and result against Burnley was quite acceptable.

We had a better chance against Newcastle, but for those first three early games we were nervous and apprehensive as new guys in the league. We have performed much better since, but against higher quality opposition.

There should be no pressure from us fans, to expect a win tomorrow. Every game throws up a different challenge and no team will roll over and let us win.

All we can do is perform well, maintain concentration for game's duration, cut out the silly but important mistakes and be more ruthless when we get chances. Big asks, but that's the name of the game.

Let's get behind our team, no matter what happens, because they won't want to perform poorly and will want to win.
    The results for the respective clubs in the matches before we played Burnley suggested an away win, but the game's stats showed us to be the better side in every measure but the most important one as we managed to lose a game in which we had just short of seven times as many goal attempts as our opponents.

Neil Warnock corrected the reporter in an interview he gave last week when it was suggested that we were being punished defensively because of the higher standard of attacker we are facing. Our manager did not think that was right. He said we are making individual and collective errors which we weren't last season - if we had done, Championship teams would have scored from the sort of chances we are given teams currently. I agree with our manager, our defending for the first goal in particular against Burnley was shocking.

When I said we had a great chance of winning today if Fulham defend like they did against Arsenal, I should have added the proviso that we'll have to defend a lot better than we did in our last home match.

I bloody hope so

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    the effect of SgorioFruit
    Thanks for your predictions Jacko. Feel free to drop in with your lucky heather any time!