+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fantastic Day. One to remember but how shit was Kevin Friend?

Fantastic Day. One to remember but how shit was Kevin Friend?

Didn't see that performance coming. The whole teams should take a bow. The crowd has been superb all season getting behind the boys, but really took it to another level today, But the ref was absolutely garbage. He shouldn't be allowed to even ref a schoolboys game next week. He was utter shite. Looking forward to Match of the Day for the first time this season this evening. Bloooooooooobirds!!!

Re: Fantastic Day. One to remember but how shit was Kevin Friend?

Couoldn't agree more - his determination not to give us anything early on verged on the embarrassing. Started off with Murphy getting pulled back when past his man and no Yellow given, and got worse from there...

He wasn't great, but he allowed things to go on for both sides although i'd say that we probably got the shittier end of the stick. Although, in his defence, and if people thought things out a little broadly they may come to the conclusion that because of the way he refereed the game today, it flowed and allowed us the opportunity to play. If he had blown up for every conceivable silly foul we wouldn't have had that game or result today, he got things wrong but allowed the game to move. It's something worth bearing in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Started off with Murphy getting pulled back when past his man and no Yellow given...
    He did book Chambers for the pull, I think the talk is about whether it should have been red.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    He did book Chambers for the pull, I think the talk is about whether it should have been red.
    I was thinking about the earlier one on the wing when he’d got past his man

City players were in the referee's face from the 1st minute. Not that I mind, as until today it's not something they've been doing...

Nobody likes us and that includes the refs

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was thinking about the earlier one on the wing when he’d got past his man
    my apologies, i thought you meant the one when he was "through".

I expect Jason Cundy will play it down.Bet he will have a go at Fulham rather than praise us.Hope he does in a way really dont want his support.

The ref was dreadful today and fell for all Mitrovic tricks and failed to deal with Chambers and Odoi constanted fouling. Watch his reaction on MOTD when we scored the 4th. he looked totally fed up!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    my apologies, i thought you meant the one when he was "through".
    No apology needed - I didn't make it clear. The lack of a red was just another in a long list of fouls he chose to ignore when we were in no position to gain any advantage. Even a Fulham fan has written that we should have had a foul before Sessegnon's goal

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Didn't see that performance coming. The whole teams should take a bow. The crowd has been superb all season getting behind the boys, but really took it to another level today, But the ref was absolutely garbage. He shouldn't be allowed to even ref a schoolboys game next week. He was utter shite. Looking forward to Match of the Day for the first time this season this evening. Bloooooooooobirds!!!
    The City fans were excellent today; just like for the 10-man performance against Leicester several years ago when Gypes got s/o. As for Mr Friend he was idiosyncratic.

StT.
    <><

Kevin Friend was horrendously inconsistent (I can't spell idiosyncratic) & influenced the game.

Having just watched motd John Moss had a shocker. Vincent Kompany should have had a red in the first minute & Sane's tackle on Lowton was identical to Ralls red. The Manc's 2nd goal should have been disallowed for offside & out of play.

Consistency is paramount.

He gave a free kick against Kadeem for handball when the ball just bounced up onto his arm, but failed to give us a penalty for a less accidental handball.
    A bit of consistency would be nice.

Funnily enough the Fulham forum thought that the ref was shocking for them too

First half he was terrible, definite foul on Murphy before their equaliser and horror tackle on him later which would be re run and freeze framed for a week if it was one of ours.

He also gave every 50/50 between Morrison and Mitrovic to them, even though when they weren’t wrestling Morrison won everything.

It was bizarre. As fans we were all calling for a free kick and then he gave it to them.

He always seems to be poor for us.

You wonder how much these guys are influenced by reputation from press and pundits as for me Fulham were far dirtier than us