+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Callum Patterson - take a bow son...

Callum Patterson - take a bow son...

Immense today in every facet of the match. Their defence couldn't handle him and he played the best Centre Forward role I've seen for us in many years. He was a nuisance and made his presence felt by their defence even if he wasn't going to get the ball.

I'll expect the usual 'but he's not a proper centre-forward' disagreements from the board's resident doom and gloom merchants but Callum really has what it takes to make an impact in the Prem. He is one of our few players where you expect him to be better than the player he is up against. I'd also include Josh Murphy and Camarasa in this category too.

I think we're finally starting to nail down our attacking style - quick, nimble forwards playing off a quick strong forward with Camarasa and Arter lending support from midfield. I believe this may give us the penetration we've been lacking for so long.

Re: Callum Patterson - take a bow son...

Didn’t stop working today and rewarded with a goal

Brilliant today PB. I have always thought he could be used up front. I remember wen Paul Warhurst was switched from Defence to attack in the 90s at Sheffield Wednesday. Callum has all the attributes to do the same; was superb today.
    Spedger

His run to the front post dragging 2 defenders in the build up to Kadeem’s goal was pretty intelligent.

Certainly a threat in the air. Cult hero.