+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done on a deserved win

Re: Well done on a deserved win

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fulham were the best team in the league last year, and I felt they were the best equipped to handle promotion. I'm surprised to see them in the bottom three, they should easily be mid-table or higher.
    Better than Wolves?

They certainly weren't better than us over a 46 game season. Fulham have crawled out of the blocks for 2 seasons now, and this time it'll be harder to come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Better than Wolves?

They certainly weren't better than us over a 46 game season. Fulham have crawled out of the blocks for 2 seasons now, and this time it'll be harder to come good.
    They looked like a Premiership side whenever I saw them last season. Obviously something has gone wrong.

They looked like a Premiership side whenever I saw them last season. Obviously something has gone wrong.
    They weren't playing Premier League opposition.

To me Fulhams problem is what got them promoted last season might get them relegated this season.

It’s one thing to outplay opposition with beautiful fast, expansive football in the championship, but in a league where many other teams are playing the same style and are also used to playing oppositions with the same style it could be a lot harder.

Our “agricultural” style might paradoxically be better suited to the PL because it’s a pain in the arse to play against, whatever level you’re at.

Thought the Fulham team at the end of last season were much better than that side on Saturday.

Cairney out and Fredericks at West Ham, it showed. Schurrle scored a worldy but I'm not sure he touched it after that. They looked like a team of individuals.

They weren't playing Premier League opposition.
    I'm talking about their style of play. We all know they weren't playing Premier League opposition, as they were in the Championship!

I'm talking about their style of play. We all know they weren't playing Premier League opposition, as they were in the Championship!
    That's my point, they looked good against Championship teams. They're not playing against them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    To me Fulhams problem is what got them promoted last season might get them relegated this season.

It’s one thing to outplay opposition with beautiful fast, expansive football in the championship, but in a league where many other teams are playing the same style and are also used to playing oppositions with the same style it could be a lot harder.

Our “agricultural” style might paradoxically be better suited to the PL because it’s a pain in the arse to play against, whatever level you’re at.
    I made exactly this point over the Summer in a thread with Fulham Traveller. We're not your average identikit Prem side and therefore teams have to adapt to play us. Whether we can be good enough to take advantage of that is another matter.

That's my point, they looked good against Championship teams. They're not playing against them now.
    Ok, let's just say they were playing the way many other Premier League teams play, but they are unlucky

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He was pretty damn awful. Where the hell was he for Murphys goal? He was definitely being played out of position. That Ream was awful too and if that Seri is a £30m player the world has gone mad. Mitrovic is an excellent centre forward but fair play to Patterson he outshone him today.

What on earth did they spunk £100m on?
    I think he got done by a slight deflection.

Ok, let's just say they were playing the way many other Premier League teams play, but they are unlucky
    Unlucky? They're bloody awful, not unlucky. The way they do things has nothing to do with style of play and everything to do with them being unorganised and ill disciplined.

Unlucky? They're bloody awful, not unlucky. The way they do things has nothing to do with style of play and everything to do with them being unorganised and ill disciplined.
    If only they could have carried through their organisation and discipline from last season..

If only they could have carried through their organisation and discipline from last season..
    They weren't last season. The signs were there last season, embarrassing defending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EEz5eIAa0s

They weren't last season. The signs were there last season, embarrassing defending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EEz5eIAa0s
    Luckiest team ever going on an incredible run like that

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Thought the Fulham team at the end of last season were much better than that side on Saturday.

Cairney out and Fredericks at West Ham, it showed. Schurrle scored a worldy but I'm not sure he touched it after that. They looked like a team of individuals.
    They also had a good left back last season in Matt Targett on loan from Southampton.

That's very well said FT - not many of us could go on a rival MB site and say it