+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last Season's Fulham Love-In

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Last Season's Fulham Love-In

Fulham got plenty of plaudits last season and were near perfect towards second half of the season. A lot of their success was due to good loan signings so had to spend a lot of money to stay at that level.

They play attractive football the problem they have is pretty much every PL club can as well but have better players.
    I remember them playing Brentford and were outplayed but Fulham had the edge upfront.

Fulham were without some key players yesterday but again I think it's testament to Warnock on what we did, if both us and Fulham were to sell all our players today I reckon their squad would go for over double what ours would.

Re: Last Season's Fulham Love-In

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Fulham got plenty of plaudits last season and were near perfect towards second half of the season. A lot of their success was due to good loan signings so had to spend a lot of money to stay at that level.

They play attractive football the problem they have is pretty much every PL club can as well but have better players.
    I remember them playing Brentford and were outplayed but Fulham had the edge upfront.

Fulham were without some key players yesterday but again I think it's testament to Warnock on what we did, if both us and Fulham were to sell all our players today I reckon their squad would go for over double what ours would.
    Another interesting angle to all of this is that, suppose Villa had got the 2nd automatic place and we had to play Fulham in the playoffs, we'd have been dreading the prospect. 5 months later, they've spent vastly more than we have, yet we fancied our chances!!!